Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK .. Brent Barry is available ( apparently ) so..... why not..

Deal Fizer to the Clips

Blount, Gill and Brunson to the Supes ( all expiring ) and Ely/ Jaric go to Seattle

Seattle deals Brent Barry and Antonio Daniels- both of whom can handle both guard spots

We basically turn Fizer, Blount , Gill and Brunson into Brent Barry and Antonio Daniels

And if a trade is to be done with Crawford .. deal him for the Turk

Curry
Chandler
Turkoglu
Barry
Hinrich

bench

Davis
Jerome Williams
Robinson
Dupree
Daniels

Jeffries
Scrub

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seattle still has Jaric and the promising Luke Ridnour to man the point and have Ray Allen and Flip at the scoring guard and Rashard and Frahm at the 3 with Ely and Rad at the 4 ( Cya Reggie ) plus their vast collections of boobs manning the Center spot

BTW .. I think Ridnour will be a star .. the sleeper of his class

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Re: OK .. Brent Barry is available ( apparently ) so..... why not..

Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!
Deal Fizer to the Clips

Blount, Gill and Brunson to the Supes ( all expiring ) and Ely/ Jaric go to Seattle

Seattle deals Brent Barry and Antonio Daniels- both of whom can handle both guard spots

We basically turn Fizer, Blount , Gill and Brunson into Brent Barry and Antonio Daniels

And if a trade is to be done with Crawford .. deal him for the Turk

Curry
Chandler
Turkoglu
Barry
Hinrich

bench

Davis
Jerome Williams
Robinson
Dupree
Daniels

Jeffries
Scrub

I don't think they would give us Daniels and Barry. If we could get Barry for the guys you mentioned, I'd go for it.

Wouldn't trade Crawford for Turk.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jaric = Daniels .. or maybe with some more upside ( younger etc ) with a slightly cheaper contract

Ely is a gimme developer at the 4 and 5 .. hey anything beats Reggie Evans as a fill in and Vlad imitating a PF

Barry is out of favour so it seems and Seattle seems resigned to lose him fo zip

I think Ridnour is of TJ Ford speed and quality with minutes but perhaps with better individual scoring capacity . There's also more flamboyance and moxie to his foxy annoyance

Almost a bit of White Cocoa about him .. I really like the boy

I think I'll adopt him the lil wil of a wisp

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Do people just forget the way Brent Barry badmouthed the Bulls when he left last time? Thats a burnt bridge...period. The Bulls would have no interest in trading for Barry and Barry would have less than zero interest in returning to the Bulls. Give it a rest already! :D

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Brent Barry is a good dancer. We need one of those.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
Do people just forget the way Brent Barry badmouthed the Bulls when he left last time? Thats a burnt bridge...period. The Bulls would have no interest in trading for Barry and Barry would have less than zero interest in returning to the Bulls. Give it a rest already! :D
Yeah, but the Bulls deserved a good bad-mouthing.

Come to think of it, they still do, although the guys he bad-mouthed the first time around are, I think, all gone.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Coincidentally, Hoopshype today said they Celtics were offering Chris Mills, whose only merit is that insurance is paying 80% of his salary.

Yuck.

Surely they'd prefer someone like Fizer who could actually have a future with them.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
Coincidentally, Hoopshype today said they Celtics were offering Chris Mills, whose only merit is that insurance is paying 80% of his salary.

Yuck.

Surely they'd prefer someone like Fizer who could actually have a future with them.
Plus you would think Fizer could help them, unlike Mills. He gets going down low, opens up things for their shooters.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Here's why not

SEATTLE -- Seattle SuperSonics guard Brent Barry will have surgery on a broken finger and is expected to miss up to six weeks.

Actually, probably not. If this is right, he won't be back in action until Mid-March at the earliest. We'd be renting him for a month as well as, I guess, getting his Bird rights to give us a shot at re-signing him.

I'd still be willing to do that deal, I think, but I'd want a secondary deal like the one I posted about Toronto to give us some short-term help too.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
I wouldnt mind this deal for Seattle

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
who cares if his finger is broken and he misses 6 weeks

its about acquiring him as a mid term piece for the next say 3 - 4 years

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
FJ, you the man as always ;) Fresh off the press...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...lsbits,1,7764600.story?coll=cs-home-headlines
The Bulls have contacted Seattle to gauge its interest in players for a trade for guard Brent Barry, a league source said. Barry, who played 37 games for the Bulls in 1998-99, will be a free agent after this season. He is seeking a four-year, $23 million deal this summer, which the Bulls could meet by offering a multiyear deal starting at the midlevel exception. The usual suspects of Jamal Crawford and Marcus Fizer make the trade work, although Seattle has cooled on Crawford, and the Bulls would want more in return.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!
FJ, you the man as always ;) Fresh off the press...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...lsbits,1,7764600.story?coll=cs-home-headlines
lol...

Kid drops 31 on them, including an ESPY play of the year candidate, and they cool off on him?

Funny, I heard the same thing from Isiah after Jamal had a big game in that win in New York...

I think trade talk for JC will cool down because they should know it's going to take more than a bag of fortune cookies to get him.

·
Registered
519 Posts
What about something like

Crawford
ERob
Fizer

for

Barry
Antonio Daniels
Radmanovic

or

Barry
Flip Murray
Radmanovic
draft pick

This is if Paxson determines Jamal isn't the SG of the future. And he did say recently in the Daily Herald that the Bulls need SF and SG this summer.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Tribune:paxson after Brent Barry

The Bulls have contacted Seattle to gauge its interest in players for a trade for guard Brent Barry, a league source said. Barry, who played 37 games for the Bulls in 1998-99, will be a free agent after this season. He is seeking a four-year, $23 million deal this summer, which the Bulls could meet by offering a multiyear deal starting at the midlevel exception. The usual suspects of Jamal Crawford and Marcus Fizer make the trade work, although Seattle has cooled on Crawford, and the Bulls would want more in return. …

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-040204bullsbits,1,7764600.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

I don't think Pax is going to trade JC....

What kind of deal do you see here??

Fizer&Blount for Barry???Or maybe do we take on one of their bad contracts and send Erob too..Sth like Fizer,Erob,Blount for Barry and Calvin Booth...which by the way works on the trade checker

1 - 20 of 105 Posts