Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Brevin Knight

954 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bdachakeya 
#1 ·
I heard recently that Jerry West wants to shop Brevin Knight. This doesnt make sense to me. BK is a great backup who can make shots and create shots as well. I dont like the resigning of Eddie Gill becuase he couldnt create many plays.
They should probably resign Buford and then shop him around with Eddie Gill and Stromile (it seems he is definitely gone). If this trio goes, it wont hurt our roster but will definitely bring some value in return.

#2 ·
Grizzfan, I agree. I'm a big fan of BK and I thought he was a great compliment to J-Will. When I heard of the news of him be shopped around, I was thinking there's got to be someone better that they're bringing in. But, when I heard the other day of them resigning Gill and the thought of them trying to trade Bk just didn't click with me. I'm starting to wonder if West actually did watch some of the Grizzlies games last year as he said he did, because it seems as if he's trying to deal alot of the players who were making big contributions to the team last year. But, I guess I'll sit back and wait on everything to happen before I start making my judgements, just yet.

#4 ·
Brevin is an adequate point guard and that's about it. I was more impressed with his defense than with his running the point; not that he was shutting people down, but he created a lot of steals. i do, however, like BK at the point and JWill at the 2 at times. and Gill did a fine job for coming in on a 10 day contract and immediately playing 48 minutes his first game. he's a better option than Solomon.

#5 ·
Zeus, Brevin did a wonderful job in running the point. If you ever noticed, when BK got in the game he broke the defense down by penetrating to the open spots when given to him, unlike J-Will. I'm a big fan of J-Will, but that was one thing he seemed to never do at the right time. Bk would also be patient enough and wait for the offense to develope before he just put up a shot just to be shooting. I thought it really hurted the team alot when BK was lost for the season, because he seemed to be more patient and had more court savvy, at times, when running the offense. I know E. Gill came along at a pressing time, but I'd say if we're going to keep one of the two, Brevin would be my choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.