Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here we go

Detroit sends

Corliss
Sura
Okur

Detroit receives

Antawn Jamison

I hate to have to trade Okur but it really is obivous to me we need a guy who can come off the bench and score consistently. Jamison averaged 22 pts a game last year when give some minutes he can score.

Billups/Atkins/Hunter
Rip
Prince/Jamison
Wallace/Ham/Darko
Elden/Z

Not having another true sg isn't a problem as LB prefers to only have a 3 guard rotation and Tay can always play the 2 if needed.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
I want SAR, I think LB might just have what it takes to help him reach his potential.

It's tough waiting out Joe D.'s long term plan...

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>DetBNyce</b>!
I want SAR, I think LB might just have what it takes to help him reach his potential.

It's tough waiting out Joe D.'s long term plan...
What do you give up to get him?

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Could you see Jamison only being a 6th man in Detroit. He is a better player than Prince right now. They would put Prince as the 6th man. That might mess up the team chemistry.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My thing with SAR is how would he fit in with the team? He would play the 4 meaning Wallace would have to start at the 5 which is fine I guess but thats not Ben's natural position.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Well personally I don't want to give up Memo just yet, but I'd rather have SAR than Jamison.

But if I did have to give up Memo and had the choice of Twan or SAR. I'd take SAR...:twocents:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>reisedogg</b>!
Could you see Jamison only being a 6th man in Detroit. He is a better player than Prince right now. They would put Prince as the 6th man. That might mess up the team chemistry.
Prince really isn't a guy who is going to complain. I don't think it would be case of Jamison playing 40 minutes and Prince 8 anyways it would be something more like 28 for jamison and 20 for prince or even vice versa.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian</b>!
My thing with SAR is how would he fit in with the team? He would play the 4 meaning Wallace would have to start at the 5 which is fine I guess but thats not Ben's natural position.
I look at as, SAR hasn't been on a winning team so he more than likely wouldn't complain about coming off the bench either.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by <b>DetBNyce</b>!

I look at as, SAR hasn't been on a winning team so he more than likely wouldn't complain about coming off the bench either.
I guess I pose that question to Jarvis Hayes then he follows the Hawks a lot more than I do. Does SAR complain about pt or anything like that?

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
I personally don't want to send Corliss out of here. Leave him unprotected in the expansion draft along with Chucky and wave some picks at the Bobcats to take one of these guys.

Brian, I don't like the prospect of your listed center position. Elden gets into foul trouble too much and is old, so we'd have to key on Z playing big minutes. Unless you want to go undersized, which granted doesn't seem to be a big concern of Larry's.

Corliss is our best player off the bench right now. I've got to sell on all this desire to get rid of the Big Nasty because of his contract.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts

I guess I pose that question to Jarvis Hayes then he follows the Hawks a lot more than I do. Does SAR complain about pt or anything like that?
Nope, SAR is a yes sir company guy. Which isn't always a great thing... that's part of the reason he's always on losing teams. He doesn't seem to be upset after 7 years of losing basketball.... his D isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, his rebounding can get streaky though.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by <b>jvanbusk</b>!
I personally don't want to send Corliss out of here. Leave him unprotected in the expansion draft along with Chucky and wave some picks at the Bobcats to take one of these guys.
To me it just seems crazy to have ham and corliss they are essential the same player. At least IMO though Ham is better defensively and is a bit more athletic.

Brian, I don't like the prospect of your listed center position. Elden gets into foul trouble too much and is old, so we'd have to key on Z playing big minutes. Unless you want to go undersized, which granted doesn't seem to be a big concern of Larry's.
I agree it does really hurt are depth down low. I would be willing to live with that though because we would have a guy that could come off the bench and score some points consistently

Corliss is our best player off the bench right now. I've got to sell on all this desire to get rid of the Big Nasty because of his contract.
I think that is the pistons problems right now. He is our best guy coming off the bench but he is easily shutdown. All the opposing team has to do is guard him with a guy taller than him. That kills his low post game and I know we all cringe when he takes jumpshots.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts

To me it just seems crazy to have ham and corliss they are essential the same player. At least IMO though Ham is better defensively and is a bit more athletic.
What? I don't understand this. Ham and Corliss are completely different players in my opinion. They play the same position, but to me that's about where the comparison stops.

Ham is a great defender and makes electrifying plays.
Corliss is still our best offensive post player and a pretty good scorer. He's average on defense at best.

I agree it does really hurt are depth down low. I would be willing to live with that though because we would have a guy that could come off the bench and score some points consistently
I hope he does score consistently, because with this trade you give up 2 guys that can fill the basket.

I think that is the pistons problems right now. He is our best guy coming off the bench but he is easily shutdown. All the opposing team has to do is guard him with a guy taller than him. That kills his low post game and I know we all cringe when he takes jumpshots.
I think Corliss' biggest problem is his inability to recognize when a pass is needed. I cringe the most when he goes against double and triple teams and forces a shot when there is someone else on the court wide open. He needs to make that pass. But, he actually has one of the better field goal percentages on the team, if not the best.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Dallas jumps all over that deal for okur, he is one of a handful of legitimate bigmen in the league. no need to panic, the pistons arent winning any titles this year so dont mess up the team.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Dallas is badly capped and they need to re-sign Nash this offseason. They wouldn't be able to keep Okur. Thus, there's no way they'd take this deal. If they did take it, I think it would indeed help the Pistons. Z and Campbell are good enough at center, and Jamison would easily be our best scorer. Same thing with Abdur Rahim.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts