Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NY wants to do a sign and trade with Minneosota for Nesterovic. It is very unlikely that this will happen because McHale does not want anyone fron NY, and the Wolves would be left without a decent center. Kurt Thomas would not be able to handle the Western Conference centers each night.

Why not try a sign and trade with Indiana for Brad Miller? It could possibly be Sprewell and Thomas for Brad Miller, Croshere, and Ron Mercer.

Indiana wants to get rid of Croshere, who still has four years left on his contract. Jermaine Oneal does not want Mercer, artest, or Tinsley on the team if he re-signs. So they can dump Mercer.

Indiana can have Artest and Sprewell on the wings, and Thomas and Oneal down low. That's not too bad.

The Knicks get their center, start Sweetney at PF, maybe even play Croshere at SF. That's three big bodies up front. Mercer can share time with Anderson coming off the bench. Lampe gets some minutes as a back-up next year.

03-04

PG- H. Eisley
SG- A. Houston
SF- A. Croshere
PF- M. Sweetney
C- B. Miller

C. Ward
F. Williams
S. Anderson
R. Mercer
M. Lampe
C. Weatherspoon
O. Harrington
A. McDyess
M. Doleac
T. Knight

Vranes overseas or buy out Ward

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
if they did that, they could start ron mercer at SF. He played that at boston. And who knows, Lampe may even be able to beat out croshere for minutes, which could aid in his development. Can brad miller perform under the big ny spotlight, the new yorker rumors and the harsh but patriotic crowd?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
In today's NBA people like Brad Miller are All stars. I highly doubt any team with a legitamate would give them up. I'd love to have Brad Miller, I'd also like to sen away spreewell. I know Indiana wants to get rid of croshere but I don't think they are willing to do this at the expense of miller, especially with O'neal's uncertain status.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts