1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
No surprise here.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
.....and I think they'll still be over the cap, so they won't have much in the way of options to replace him. Good news for Boston.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Funny that the talking heads of ESPN are all saying such and such team needs to throw a max deal at him when a month and a half ago they were saying Brooklyn was stupid not to dump him for Lance Stephenson, and prior to that were calling him one of the worst contracts in the league.

These idiots have no shame.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Well then it probably helps Brook if the Nets miss the playoffs, so he has no chance to get injured again. I would not pay him big dollars though. Not with those feet.

Reactions: GNG and hobojoe

·
Michael Whiteacre's Running Mate
2,338 Posts
he's opting out of 16.7m? who is going to give him more? he's delusional
Maybe his thinking is he wants to lock in 4 or 5 years at 12-14m rather than risk an injury next season further decreasing his worth.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
he's opting out of 16.7m? who is going to give him more? he's delusional
Like edabomb hinted at, every season with Brook is basically a coin flip regarding whether or not he'll go down with a season-ending injury, so he's got to take free agency whenever he's healthy. I also wouldn't be surprised if there were some hard feelings after being aggressively shopped at the deadline.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
I have a strong feeling that he's Laker bound. Seems like the type of buzz making move that the Lakers like to make to trick a good portion of their fans into believing that Kobe's Lakers are still trying to win.

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
I have a strong feeling that he's Laker bound. Seems like the type of buzz making move that the Lakers like to make to trick a good portion of their fans into believing that Kobe's Lakers are still trying to win.
I would agree with this prediction. Lakers pick one of the big men (hope top 2) to pair with Lopez. Then you add another quality FA possibly a PG (Dragic?). They may have a decent team next year with Kobe coming back.

If not the Lakers, the Knicks could also be an option. It may be the same scenario as the Lakers as far as rounding out the team.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I would agree with this prediction. Lakers pick one of the big men (hope top 2) to pair with Lopez. Then you add another quality FA possibly a PG (Dragic?). They may have a decent team next year with Kobe coming back.

If not the Lakers, the Knicks could also be an option. It may be the same scenario as the Lakers as far as rounding out the team.
Why get Dragic when they have Jordon Clarkson though? I'm hearing from some Laker fans that he should be ROY and is a better player than Wiggins.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Kupchak is on record as saying he's not going to mortgage the future to give Kobe a going away party - signing Lopez to anything long term would be the definition of that

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
No but he didn't do much this past season...and he is probably 2-4 years away from being a productive player. Kobe will be gone by then.
Julius Randle is four years away from being a productive player?

Who was the last productive player that took four years to be a productive player?

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Julius Randle is four years away from being a productive player?

Who was the last productive player that took four years to be a productive player?
Robin Lopez?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts