Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Player Deron Williams hasn't shown up for the Brooklyn Nets. On a radio talk with D-Will, we were able to find out that he doesn't like New York city.

Here's a quote from D-Will
"I’m not going to lie. I don’t really feel so much like a New Yorker. I grew up in an apartment in Texas where you could send your kids outside like ‘yeah, go play in the sun.’ Here it’s more challenging. The process of getting them into school is a nightmare. Even private schools where you pay are an ordeal. In Utah, you just send your kids to the first public school in the area because they’re all great. Truth is, we enjoy getting away from the hustle and bustle and going back to Utah every summer. It’s a relief to take that timeout. No traffic. No crowds. My daughters still have their friends there. There’s a big backyard. They go to the pool; the playground and they jump on the trampoline. Kids running wild and free here (in New York)…? I don’t think so."

This is a short quote of what D-Will said.

I don't want Brooklyn fans to take it personally; opinions are opinions. He may not like New York but he may like the Brooklyn Nets? Who knows?

Click here for full article details

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Don't blame him. I recently traveled to New York and it is a great place to visit but I would never want to live there.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
This Could Be Us But You Playin

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Amazed how he just dropped off the table in the league.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Utah would probably take him back.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Can't blame him. He wasn't directly talking down on New York ; it just isn't a fit with his personality. Other guys (Carmelo) would never dream of leaving the city for Utah -- everything aint for everybody

I also loved visiting NEw York but paying the ridiculous prices constantly and scheduling your life around the Subway? Not sure if it'd be worth it to me either, personally

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't blame him. He wasn't directly talking down on New York ; it just isn't a fit with his personality. Other guys (Carmelo) would never dream of leaving the city for Utah -- everything aint for everybody

I also loved visiting NEw York but paying the ridiculous prices constantly and scheduling your life around the Subway? Not sure if it'd be worth it to me either, personally
Yeah man. I know what you are saying. (Just saying- New York isn't a third of how expensive Paris and Switzerland is lol)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts