Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TORONTO -- Pistons coach Larry Brown got a chance to use his big lineup in the second half of Sunday's victory over Toronto, and he said it needs some adjustments.

The lineup consists of Ben Wallace at center, Antonio McDyess at power forward and Rasheed Wallace at small forward. It gives Brown a chance to rest Tayshaun Prince.

"As soon as we went to that lineup they zoned us," Brown said. "I have to figure out how to help them. We still have to work on some things, because we need to get Antonio more than 18 minutes."

It looks as if point guard Carlos Arroyo is going to get more minutes off the bench.

"I need to get Carlos Arroyo more time," Brown said before Sunday's game. "I made a mistake the other night playing him because he had been out ill the game before. We need to get him more playing time."
The Pistons need to make a decision on Carlos Delfino, Ronald Dupree and Darvin Ham. One of the three likely will be left off the playoff roster. Dupree, who had been playing well recently, went on the injured list when Ham was activated.

Brown said Delfino had been getting better in practice. He is coming off surgery on his right knee.

"A lot of times the guys who play a lot of minutes don't practice and Carlos has been able to get on the floor," Brown said. "He has been playing better. I think he feels better about his knee."
Detroit Free Press

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I have to hope that Dupree and Delfino are on the playoff roster. No knock on Ham but he can't give us any more then Dupree can. We have to live with Delfino because we aren't to deep at SG otherwise.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
kamego said:
I have to hope that Dupree and Delfino are on the playoff roster. No knock on Ham but he can't give us any more then Dupree can. We have to live with Delfino because we aren't to deep at SG otherwise.

For some weird reason I want Ham on the active roster and I can't quite figure out why. I guess it's the energy aspect he brings, but Dupree and his dunks do the same. I don't know what to think about Delfino.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
CJ said:
For some weird reason I want Ham on the active roster and I can't quite figure out why. I guess it's the energy aspect he brings, but Dupree and his dunks do the same. I don't know what to think about Delfino.
I like Dupree over Ham, and if Delfino gets his shot going? he will be valueable for us off the bench, even if he does play matador defense. Lets face it, we are in short supply for scorers off the bench.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I think or lack of depth is the reason why we have to learn to love Delfino. He is the only one who might turn into a solid shooter off our bench. I like Ham but I just think Dupree has the ability (potential) to expand his game more then Ham. Both are excellent energy players.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts