Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Bryant received 9-10 stitches to close the wound, which occurred while he was trying to move some boxes which were in storage in his garage and accidentally put his hand through a glass window. "

How do you accidentally put your hand through a glass window?

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
That's what I was thinking. The only possible thing I could think of was that the window was already broken for some reason, and he just caught his hand on it. Either way, I think that he or the team should've come up with a better explanation to give to people.

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
"Bryant received 9-10 stitches to close the wound, which occurred while he was trying to move some boxes which were in storage in his garage and accidentally put his hand through a glass window. "

maybe his hand has a power likea gunshot, u never know.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
When doing something that requires muscle, like moving boxes, the chance for that power being misdirected always exists.

If Bryant, for example, was trying to pull on a box with all his strength and his hand slipped off the box, his arm (and thus hand) could end up swinging backward with enough force to go through a window behind him, or to the side of him.

I don't think it's all that impossible that the given reason is true.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
When doing something that requires muscle, like moving boxes, the chance for that power being misdirected always exists.

If Bryant, for example, was trying to pull on a box with all his strength and his hand slipped off the box, his arm (and thus hand) could end up swinging backward with enough force to go through a window behind him, or to the side of him.

I don't think it's all that impossible that the given reason is true.
Minstrel you are too kind explaining it like this to these guys when it is pretty easy to understand that this could easily happen. I don't mean to sound jerky but I think people are looking for more reasons to hate on Kobe.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!

Minstrel you are too kind explaining it like this to these guys when it is pretty easy to understand that this could easily happen. I don't mean to sound jerky but I think people are looking for more reasons to hate on Kobe.
You don't say. :eek: I think that is astutely obvious. :no:

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

So people find the explanation for his injury to be vague, and that means they are hating? That sounds a little harsh. Simply put, I find the statement "he accidently put his hand through a glass window" to leave too much to the imagination. An explanation like the one Minstrel gave would have been much nicer.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Kobe was practicing Kong Fu 999. His hand will go through Shaq's body after he figures out.

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts

People hate Kobe?:confused:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
Originally posted by <b>EHL</b>!
Shaq came over to Kobe's house for the first time. Kobe saw him and tried to level him but hit a window instead.

Sounds about right. :D
Hrm. As I said...misdirected power. ;)

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
He has to be in court on Monday and Tuesday. This injury is a good way to deflect the attention that hes missing games because of his court appearances. Now he could say he has an injury and couldnt play anyways.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

A reason to hate on Kobe? Huh? I just wanted to know how you accidentally put your hand through a window.

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts

A reason to hate on Kobe? Huh? I just wanted to know how you accidentally put your hand through a window.
lol man, if this topic was T-mac, u would defend T-mac as his attorney!

U know u hate and I admit I hate so I left a message or two here.

·
Registered
390 Posts

It's not unheard of. Actor James Wood accidentally walked through a glass wall. As he told Tom Snyder in an interview, his nerves were damaged and he lost some motion in one of his hands.

What I want to know is whether Bryant hurt his shooting hand and whether nerves were damaged? If it's yes to both accounts, this has the potential to be a very bad injury.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts