Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Definitely one of the best possible adds we could have hoped to make. Still wish there was a school worth adding closer to UMBC. Very excited for Bryant to be in the conference however. Will be more excited for when they add onto their football stadium, I’m sure the AE 3 CAAFB teams will schedule them in the OOC going forward

·
Registered
13 Posts
Exciting to see the official announcement. I'll be interested to see where Bryant football ends up long-term and where some of the other non-AE Olympic sports end up.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Definitely one of the best possible adds we could have hoped to make. Still wish there was a school worth adding closer to UMBC. Very excited for Bryant to be in the conference however. Will be more excited for when they add onto their football stadium, I’m sure the AE 3 CAAFB teams will schedule them in the OOC going forward

·
Registered
13 Posts
I always wanted Bryant to be a D2 football powerhouse when I was there and it never happened. I've been waiting 10 plus years with them in FCS to just make the playoffs and it hasn't happened.

I guess I am going to have to live with the fact that we may turn into a mid-major program that has a shot year in and year out.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
For what? Bringing in good players?

I tell you what, if Bryant causes stody UVM heads to explode because they "aren't winning the right way" or whatever, I'm much happier with them in the league than Stony Brook or Hartford.
I think Bryant brings some much needed new blood to the league. Other members need to be pushed in regards to being competitive, improved performance and facilities. The whole villain thing is overblown. After what happened during the NEC tourney.....I'd guess that their administration will be clamping down a bit on that type of behavior. I think that next season will have some pre-season storylines that this league hasn't seen in a while.....

1. Can Vermont stay on top?
2. Will Bryant join the league with a bang?
3. How will Albany handle the Killings drama?
4. Will Maine finally leave the basement with Markwood at the helm?
5. How will UNH handle the decimation of their roster?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
For what? Bringing in good players?

I tell you what, if Bryant causes stody UVM heads to explode because they "aren't winning the right way" or whatever, I'm much happier with them in the league than Stony Brook or Hartford.
Guarantee Bryant will be called "classless" multiple times by UVM fans throughout the course of the season, among other complaints that the perch may not be so safe. I can tell you this UVM fan right here is going to love to see it. The cope levels for some of the people here is going to be off the charts.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I think Bryant brings some much needed new blood to the league. Other members need to be pushed in regards to being competitive, improved performance and facilities. The whole villain thing is overblown. After what happened during the NEC tourney.....I'd guess that their administration will be clamping down a bit on that type of behavior. I think that next season will have some pre-season storylines that this league hasn't seen in a while.....

1. Can Vermont stay on top?
2. Will Bryant join the league with a bang?
3. How will Albany handle the Killings drama?
4. Will Maine finally leave the basement with Markwood at the helm?
5. How will UNH handle the decimation of their roster?
Agree, and I think for as much as yeah Kiss seems like a classic dbag and is the perfect embodiment of their student population in general...let's not pretend Bryant is some unique animal when it comes to sports fans getting too sauced up and fighting. Also, this was Bryant's first hosting at a full capacity of a title game and they were just so woefully unprepared for the moment and I think from a logistics standpoint, didn't think much of it through about where to seat visiting fans, how to handle looking the other way as your students pre-gamed etc. Harder in a small gym, but still...

As for the questions

1) Maybe
2) Yes
3) They think they've 'handled' it already, no?
4) Yes (not dead last)
5) By finishing dead last

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Guarantee Bryant will be called "classless" multiple times by UVM fans throughout the course of the season, among other complaints that the perch may not be so safe. I can tell you this UVM fan right here is going to love to see it. The cope levels for some of the people here is going to be off the charts.
So you are going to love seeing Bryant students, parents, fans and faculty throwing handsful of dog shit at opposing players while cursing them and calling the black players by the n-word? On behalf of all the other UVM fans in the world please become a Bryant fan and be a lowlife POS with those scum.

·
Registered
223 Posts
So you are going to love seeing Bryant students, parents, fans and faculty throwing handsful of dog shit at opposing players while cursing them and calling the black players by the n-word? On behalf of all the other UVM fans in the world please become a Bryant fan and be a lowlife POS with those scum.
Show me where a Bryant professor threw dog shit at an opposing teams players. As I’ve said before give me a f*****g break Karen. Also guess what all those D-bag students will be gone and graduated in 3 years or less. Bad behavior happens across many colleges, you sound like the old lady accusing me of doing 45 in a 15mph when I was doing 16. Clueless and fanatical

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Trust me, Bryant will be easy to hate and it starts with Grasso.

Absolutely, they will be a good team and a chance to win immediately - but mark my words, no one other than Bryant fans will be rooting for them to win the AQ.

I'm sure the school will clamp down on some of the nonsense, but only because all eyes will be on them and there will be short leash because of what they did in the NEC.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Thank you for proving exactly my point and we didn't have to wait even 3 hours. You lot are all so predictable. The fact I point it out is why you hate me so. Sorry sweetheart, I'll still be in the UVM chats.

PS - Before you cast stones as Mr Moral High Ground, make sure to go ask Jeremy Lin, Jamar Wilson, Jose Juan Barea about things said to them when they played at Patrick Gym. Some of the stuff you all said to Will Brown was below the belt too. Or how about two seasons ago, a fan that sits in the same row of seats as Tom Brennan was ejected for taunting /instigating and touching an opposing player who went after a loose ball that got near those seats.

·
Premium Member
34,265 Posts
Trust me, Bryant will be easy to hate and it starts with Grasso.

Absolutely, they will be a good team and a chance to win immediately - but mark my words, no one other than Bryant fans will be rooting for them to win the AQ.

I'm sure the school will clamp down on some of the nonsense, but only because all eyes will be on them and there will be short leash because of what they did in the NEC.
I'm totally cool with AE adding Bryant. Will make this a better basketball conference.

It's just pretty apparent & obvious that Grasso is unlikeable. That was what my "villain" comment previously was in reference to.

Reactions: Aceinthehole
21 - 40 of 59 Posts