Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BU wins, 64 - 57. Whyte, Tynen, and Zink all scored 14 points to lead the Terriers. It felt like a coming out party for Zink. He was able to get close to the rim and use his right and left hand to score. I like Tynen's new offensive aggressiveness. He's been getting to the short- to mid-range area and been effective scoring at those spots. The defense clamped down as the game wore on. In the first half, UNH was getting a lot of loose balls and offensive rebounds, but in the second half BU was winning those balls.

BU could have won more comfortably if they shot a bad three point percentage, instead of the horrible percentage today (3 for 22, 14 percent). One of the made threes was a misfired alley-oop pass from EBW that went into the basket instead. The bad news/good news is even though the Terriers shot poorly, I thought a lot of the attempts were clean to wide open looks.

Seems like the Terriers are getting better, bit-by-bit, which is important during the out-of-conference schedule. Next up is the Milwaukee tournament, which should be a good test and present many opportunities to learn more about the team.

· Registered
73 Posts
BU wins, 64 - 57. Whyte, Tynen, and Zink all scored 14 points to lead the Terriers. It felt like a coming out party for Zink. He was able to get close to the rim and use his right and left hand to score. I like Tynen's new offensive aggressiveness. He's been getting to the short- to mid-range area and been effective scoring at those spots. The defense clamped down as the game wore on. In the first half, UNH was getting a lot of loose balls and offensive rebounds, but in the second half BU was winning those balls.

BU could have won more comfortably if they shot a bad three point percentage, instead of the horrible percentage today (3 for 22, 14 percent). One of the made threes was a misfired alley-oop pass from EBW that went into the basket instead. The bad news/good news is even though the Terriers shot poorly, I thought a lot of the attempts were clean to wide open looks.

Seems like the Terriers are getting better, bit-by-bit, which is important during the out-of-conference schedule. Next up is the Milwaukee tournament, which should be a good test and present many opportunities to learn more about the team.
Yeah, always a good sign when you can win even when you shoot 14% from 3. Yes, just looking for incremental improvements with each game. Looking forward to see what they can do at the Milwaukee tournament.

· Registered
3,634 Posts
As you mention, this was a great game from Zink and Tynen. Zink finally able to finish around the rim and grab a good share of contested rebounds. He also seemed like a reliable security blanket when outside shots weren't falling, which kept us in the game.

Tynen looked great driving to the basket, pulling up from midrange, and shooting from deep.

4-1 at this point is as good as we could hope for. I think we'd do very well to win 2 games in Milwaukee, 1 wouldn't be a disaster. Just don't get shut out

· Registered
82 Posts
Tynen has played very well. It seems that teams are focusing on shutting down our three point shooters. UNH did not double Zink which proved to be a big mistake. The Milwaukee tournament will be tough. Three very well coached teams who have had some good wins this season. Hoping our depth gives us an advantage.

· Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tynen has played very well. It seems that teams are focusing on shutting down our three point shooters. UNH did not double Zink which proved to be a big mistake. The Milwaukee tournament will be tough. Three very well coached teams who have had some good wins this season. Hoping our depth gives us an advantage.
I think BU potentially has good depth, but I feel like Coach Jones hasn't given the bench as much time as he could. In my opinion the starters haven't clicked as a unit yet (for example, Zink until this game), so his focus may be to give them more reps. With three games in three days coming up in Milwaukee everyone will be getting time. Hoping players like Caelan Jones get time to get on track, as well as the freshmen so they might be bigger contributors later in the season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts