Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a real Terrier basketball game tonight! Also this website is different...

NU is coming off a tourney appearance, but they've lost quite a bit to graduation.

I see NU as the favorite, but we always seem to get up for this game. I think it's decided by 3 points or less.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Gonna have to get use to the new format.

The rotation will be really short this year with Pascoe and Tate being injured and us already being 2 scholarships under the limit but the team always battles against NU.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Too many turnovers and missed free throws to pull this one out as BU loses 72-67. Vilarino and Whyte both had good, efficient games but didn't receive a lot of help. The center play wasn't good enough tonight and Mahoney will have to be way more dominant for BU to do anything at all this year. I was hoping that Hemphill or Mathon would take a step forward this season but that wasn't apparent in the first game. With Pascoe, Tate, Tynen all out and two empty scholarships unfilled, there just isn't a lot of quality depth this year and I think that's going to be apparent all season.

On to the DIII sacrifice.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frustrating loss, because it was right there for us.

Whyte could be a beast this season, and if he gets help from Mahoney and ONE guard (McCoy?), they can carry the team. But Mahoney kind of disappeared last night. I'm with SCS on the apparent lack of a step forward for Hemphill and Mathon -- disappointing (it's only Game 1, granted). Free throws continue to kill us.

This was a good opponent and Roland was unconscious - and our defense wasn't that bad! (Most of the time...) I think once Mahoney gets going, we can win some games.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
It's good to see Whyte playing well the first two games, especially shooting it from deep. Mahoney will get it together soon enough and I expect McCoy to settle down eventually. One of the three will probably lead the team in scoring on any given night. Vilarino has to stay aggressive and Petcash and Harper need to continue to shoot well from behind the line. It hasn't happened yet but I think Hemphill will take a step up.

I think the team can be decent but all players need to be able to contribute consistently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts