Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'll delete my post since we must have started threads at the same time but here's what I said:

Great win on the road! I would have never believed we could win this game with Whyte and Mahoney both being held under 10 points. The team was focused all game, and their passes to players cutting to the rim were the best I've seen from us in a long time. Alex English kept saying how athletic we are; it seemed like typical fluffing from an announcer that doesn't normally see us, but I will admit I've seen more dunks from already this season than I swear I've seen in some full seasons.

I assume SC still gets to play in the A tournament in Cancun while we are in the B tournament, heh.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I'll delete my post since we must have started threads at the same time but here's what I said:

Great win on the road! I would have never believed we could win this game with Whyte and Mahoney both being held under 10 points. The team was focused all game, and their passes to players cutting to the rim were the best I've seen from us in a long time. Alex English kept saying how athletic we are; it seemed like typical fluffing from an announcer that doesn't normally see us, but I will admit I've seen more dunks from already this season than I swear I've seen in some full seasons.

I assume SC still gets to play in the A tournament in Cancun while we are in the B tournament, heh.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

great win!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My apologies DrBell. I would usually leave the thread starting to the veterans, but I came over, saw the void, and in a moment of exuberance started the thread. The SEC+ commentators (I couldn't get the Terrier Sports Radio Network to work) kept commenting on McCoy and Harper. They seem to have played solidly the entire game, though I admit to not catching some of the first half. Regardless, it's a tremendous win for the program and even the PL.

I do like thee, DrBell,
The reason why, I can quite tell,
But this I know, and know full well,
An SEC win is super swell!

*Apologies to Tom Brown

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Great win. Maybe Coach Jones' best win (or Maryland in 2013). Lawson on USC is also a potential first round NBA draft pick.

Very encouraging the team hung in the game and were able to pull away. Double encouraging they prevailed despite modest contributions from Mahoney and Whyte. This win can really propel the team forward a long way.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
This was great! I kept waiting for SC to go on a run and put us away, but we kept hitting 3s and rebounding well. Happy to see Brittain-Watts hit some big shots, Hemphill and Mathon had some nice moments, and McCoy was outstanding. Awesome win.

I'll reiterate my gripe about these stupid pre-arranged "tournaments" where we have no chance to win the championship or even enter the bracket despite winning... 😤

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Great win, though unfortunately I couldn't watch it. The losses to Vermont and Northeastern aren't looking too bad either. Second P5 opponent tonight in WVU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts