Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
cluster**** aside... I agree, this is good news for Milwaukee.

I'm reading somewhere near 5 years 40 million? I think that will look reasonable 3 years into the contract, but it probably depends on whether or not they give him enough minutes.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they need to move gooden for a wing to clear up the front court mess... and i have heard 5-45 but it sounds like the 5th year is a team option so it could be more like 4-36 depending on how the contract is structured

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
they need to move gooden for a wing to clear up the front court mess... and i have heard 5-45 but it sounds like the 5th year is a team option so it could be more like 4-36 depending on how the contract is structured
I am surprised by the news. I've always had the impression Ersan doesn't like Skiles.

They do have to do something with Gooden.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am surprised by the news. I've always had the impression Ersan doesn't like Skiles.

They do have to do something with Gooden.
i dont think skiles own family likes him

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
It's official.

ttp://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/162267215.html#!page=2&pageSize=10&sort=newestfirst

I didn't know Ersan married a somewhat local (immigrated here at 16) Milwaukee girl.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Wasn't it almost a sure thing that he was leaving? Either way, it's probably good for you guys that he stuck around.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wasn't it almost a sure thing that he was leaving? Either way, it's probably good for you guys that he stuck around.
hearing that a good chunk of that 45 million is unguaranteed which makes this even better

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
The contract details were released - pretty fair deal for the Bucks.

Ersan Ilyasova’s multiyear deal with the Bucks will average $8 million per season, but it will not be easy for the 6-foot-10 forward to realize the full $45 million payout over five seasons.

That’s because the contract includes $5 million in hard-to-achieve bonuses and a fifth year at $8 million that is non-guaranteed, according to a league source.

That leaves guaranteed money of $32 million over four seasons, putting Ilyasova’s contract in the same range as the four-year, $36 million deal forward Ryan Anderson received in a sign-and-trade that sent the power forward from the Orlando Magic to the New Orleans Hornets.

Those deals were negotiated separately but it’s interesting they wound up in the same general area. Anderson won the NBA’s most improved player award and Ilyasova finished second in the voting after averaging career highs in scoring (13.0 points), rebounding (8.8), field goal percentage (49.2%) and three-point percentage (45.5%).
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/164325666.html#!page=1&pageSize=10&sort=newestfirst

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it is a good deal, id rather have ersan than ryan anderson if the money was equal, getting ersan cheaper is a beautiful thing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts