Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With last night's loss to Memphis, we are now tied with Golden State for the 6th worst record in the NBA....let us all remember that Houston was 5th worst when they got lucky and drew the 1st pick and got Yao....maybe we will get some of the same luck and land another International Phenom in Andrew Bogut.... :banana:

Worst in the NBA:
1) Atlanta 13-69
2) Charlotte 18-64
3) New Orleans 18-64 (won coinflip)
4) Utah 26-56
5) Portland 27-55
6) Milwaukee 30-52

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Re: Bucks lottery hopes growing!

I still think we have a chance of being worse than Portland so maybe we could get the 5th pick.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts

I just stumbled inot this forum after seeing the 200 pts from 10 posts thing but I'm just wondering...

What happened to the Bucks?

Last year they look decent, they had a nice collection of young talent and made the playoffs, and now they're terrible. I'm not hating, just wondering since the Bucks don't get any coverage.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts

losing a starting PG is gonna hurt any team. I haven't followed the bucks all that much this year, but I think that would be one of the first things to look at when you try and figure out what went wrong.

·
Registered
497 Posts

Drewbs said:
I just stumbled inot this forum after seeing the 200 pts from 10 posts thing but I'm just wondering...

What happened to the Bucks?

Last year they look decent, they had a nice collection of young talent and made the playoffs, and now they're terrible. I'm not hating, just wondering since the Bucks don't get any coverage.
TJ Ford missing, Damon Jones is gone and Brian Skinner is gone.....3 of the key components to the team from last year

·
Registered
182 Posts

GState is on their way up, so 6th is probably a safe place. I think Utah can be a scary a team next year if they stay healthy and end up keeping their players (instead of trading Boozer as some suggest). Their situation reminds me of the Spurs, who had a great team but with so many injuries winded up being terrible and acquired Duncan in the process. Utah has a chance for the same type of deal and i wouldnt be surprised if the results were the same.

**fixed

·
Registered
7,278 Posts

Is the team really tanking the season? I think that no matter what a team should compete and play its hardest otherwise they will run the risk of developing a losing mentality.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts

I'm with Kunlun on this. The Bucks shouldn't tank, although I don't think it will make a big difference in their record as appossed to if they were trying. The lottery is going to be the saving grace for this team is what I'm thinking. We need to get a good building block and hope that the existing players can form around him and make a solid core.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Kunlun said:
Is the team really tanking the season? I think that no matter what a team should compete and play its hardest otherwise they will run the risk of developing a losing mentality.
I honestly think that they are tanking the season.....I am not completley opposed to the idea of tanking, but watching the Bucks lose so much is hard.....hopefully it will be all worth it next year! :biggrin:

·
Registered
17,279 Posts

I don't think they are tanking, but I wish they would. Terry Porter, Michael Redd, Desmond Mason... I don't think those guys are capable of playing poorly on purpose.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts

Tanking? The Bucks play harder than most teams in the league. They are just outmanned this year and the injuries killed any momentum they might of had.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

HKF said:
Tanking? The Bucks play harder than most teams in the league. They are just outmanned this year and the injuries killed any momentum they might of had.
Maybe tanking isn't the best term to use, but I don't think that the Bucks care about losing, which is understandable. A loss is kind of like a win when it comes to the lottery. Redd, Mason, and Williams bring it every game, I just think they aren't as hungry as they were earlier in the season, which leads to more losing.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We finished the season with the 6th worst record in the league....LETS GET LUCKY IN THE LOTTO!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts