Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
To be fair, Rudy's played much better in Sacramento as well. That seems to be more a case of pieces not fitting well together and Toronto not using him well than selfish old Rudy ruining the whole team.
Yea, Gay got a bad rap and I'm glad it all turned out for him. The Rudy Gay fan club was pretty lonely, but I had to stay due to my anti analytics stance I've taken. ****ing John Hollinger.

·
23,791 Posts
Well this just got even more interesting. Gery Woelful (a local Bucks reporter) reported on a Milwaukee radio station that he was told that last week Larry's agents negotiated a buyout that they (agents) were ok with but Larry rejected it. Gery said he was told by this person that Larry wants the entire amount owed him.

Gery says he thinks if Larry gets full amount, Larry won't play NBA basketball anymore. Says person close to Larry told Gery that Larry has little desire to play basketball.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
What would it take for Milwaukee to be able to void his contract? How many more drug suspensions would it take? Furthermore, how many draft picks would they give the Celtics simply to dump him for expirings (or air, as the Rondo exception would allow)?

·
23,791 Posts
I think there's precedent that they could void his contract now, but they're trying to avoid it because of the probably legal battle that Larry would raise.

·
Super Moderator
14,320 Posts
A lot of people lining up to call a guy they don't know a piece of shit. Don't we know pretty much none of the story at this point? The only comments I've seen from him have been about his personal health. I'll stick with 'troubled' and hold off on the 'piece of shit' talk until I know what the hell is going on.

·
Super Moderator
17,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
A lot of people lining up to call a guy they don't know a piece of shit. Don't we know pretty much none of the story at this point? The only comments I've seen from him have been about his personal health. I'll stick with 'troubled' and hold off on the 'piece of shit' talk until I know what the hell is going on.
That's fair. I've been holding back so far, but if Gery Woelful's source is to be believed, then I'm having a hard time siding with Sanders anymore. Why he would think that he is entitled to all of that money that he hasn't earned is beyond me. And if he really is pushing for that then I hope the Bucks take him to court to get his contract voided.

·
Super Moderator
14,320 Posts
That's fair. I've been holding back so far, but if Gery Woelful's source is to be believed, then I'm having a hard time siding with Sanders anymore. Why he would think that he is entitled to all of that money that he hasn't earned is beyond me. And if he really is pushing for that then I hope the Bucks take him to court to get his contract voided.
You can't get all of your contract if you refuse to play (http://www.nbpa.org/sites/default/files/EXHIBIT A.pdf)... that demand doesn't make any sense unless there is context that we're unaware of.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
You can't get all of your contract if you refuse to play (http://www.nbpa.org/sites/default/files/EXHIBIT A.pdf)... that demand doesn't make any sense unless there is context that we're unaware of.
Larry Sanders doesn't make any sense either, which is exactly why I predicted he'd want 100% of the contract.

He's a piece of shit. There's no "Well he has mental issues so...." no. I know people with mental issues who are upstanding people I personally look up to. I know people with no mental issues who are absolute bags of shit.

I'm getting a little tired of the PC "well this guy might have mental issues so it's not his fault" bullshit. The guy has gotten multiple failed drug tests, broke his hand in a bar fight, is physically healthy but refuses to play, I mean come the **** on. There's no excuse. Especially since he basically waited for his pay day before going full asshole on the team.

If he acted like Royce White and did it from day one that's one thing. But he waited until he was paid.

·
23,791 Posts
Mental issues are no excuse for not knowing right from wrong.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Larry Sanders doesn't make any sense either, which is exactly why I predicted he'd want 100% of the contract.

He's a piece of shit. There's no "Well he has mental issues so...." no. I know people with mental issues who are upstanding people I personally look up to. I know people with no mental issues who are absolute bags of shit.

I'm getting a little tired of the PC "well this guy might have mental issues so it's not his fault" bullshit. The guy has gotten multiple failed drug tests, broke his hand in a bar fight, is physically healthy but refuses to play, I mean come the **** on. There's no excuse. Especially since he basically waited for his pay day before going full asshole on the team.

If he acted like Royce White and did it from day one that's one thing. But he waited until he was paid.
Don't forget about the cruelty to animals charge!

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
Don't forget about the cruelty to animals charge!
Honestly didn't even remember it, which surprises me because it's something that outrages me.

The guy is clearly a bag of shit. I don't buy the never playing basketball again bullshit either. He'll try and Andrew Bynum his way onto some sucker team to get some more money. If the Bucks give him a full buy out why would he not? They're basically telling him the NBA is his personal ATM with no repercussion.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
there was a cruelty to animals charge?
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/larry-sanders-cited-in-january-for-keeping-dogs-out-in-the-cold-b99140898z1-231642171.html

Just looked it up. I guess he left 2 german shepard puppies outside in the cold with no food or water. That's a little ambiguous to me so I won't pile that on to the other shit I'm judging him on.

I leave my dogs out in far colder weather, although they have food and water and a doggy door to the shop. I don't know all the details with Larry.

·
Last Winter Was The Coldest
2,594 Posts
I'm getting a little tired of the PC "well this guy might have mental issues so it's not his fault" bullshit.
You really surprised tho? This is Dornado you quoted after all. Same guy who backed Josh Gordon with his "emotional" bullshit open letter. "Dornado fighting for the scum of the world. Who would have thunk it?"

You said it best then.

Larry is indeed a piece of shit.

·
23,791 Posts
Wow, if we use the stretch provision, that's less than $2 mil per year against our cap. I'll gladly take that, as stupid as this whole situation has been.

·
23,791 Posts
On one hand, it's sad that I'm happy to give a guy $13 mil he hasn't earned to just leave us alone.

On the other hand, holy balls that could have been a lot worse.

If Larry really wants to walk away and is just smart, this money can carry him through the rest of his life.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts