Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
On one hand, it's sad that I'm happy to give a guy $13 mil he hasn't earned to just leave us alone.

On the other hand, holy balls that could have been a lot worse.

If Larry really wants to walk away and is just smart, this money can carry him through the rest of his life.
I'm fairly confident Larry Sanders is an athlete gone wrong story 5 years from now on ESPN. He'll be fighting Vin Baker for day old dumpster donuts before long.

·
23,791 Posts
It'll be interesting to see what the Bucks do now. They have a free roster spot, some new free cap next offseason, and they've been tied to a handful of trade rumors. The timing of this happening can't be a coincidence, can it?

·
23,791 Posts
I'm fairly confident Larry Sanders is an athlete gone wrong story 5 years from now on ESPN. He'll be fighting Vin Baker for day old dumpster donuts before long.
Oh, I'm far from saying that he will do that, but if he's smart, he's being given every opportunity to have an easy rest of his life.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Wow, if we use the stretch provision, that's less than $2 mil per year against our cap. I'll gladly take that, as stupid as this whole situation has been.
If I understand correctly, and I may not, I think his salary this year is credited as-is, because you can't "stretch" a contract after a certain date (I think it's August 31st) in a fiscal year. The amount debited against Milwaukee's cap for the next 7 years may actually be something more like $1 million or less per year.

·
23,791 Posts
If I understand correctly, and I may not, I think his salary this year is credited as-is, because you can't "stretch" a contract after a certain date (I think it's August 31st) in a fiscal year. The amount debited against Milwaukee's cap for the next 7 years may actually be something more like $1 million or less per year.
So this year's contract would be included in the $13? If so, that would be terrific, but I wasn't thinking that's how it will work.

·
23,791 Posts
There once was a man named Larry
Whose defensive potential was scary
But he smoked lots of pot
And blocked his last shot
When he fought an Albanian named Jerry

·
Super Moderator
17,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
Super Moderator
14,320 Posts
You really surprised tho? This is Dornado you quoted after all. Same guy who backed Josh Gordon with his "emotional" bullshit open letter. "Dornado fighting for the scum of the world. Who would have thunk it?"

You said it best then.

Larry is indeed a piece of shit.
Do I know you?

You may want to re-read that thread.. I'm too lazy, but I don't think I ever made any claims about Gordon being a good guy or reacting to his "emotional" pleas.. I believe I took the outlandish position that smoking pot/failing a drug test or getting a dui at age 23 doesn't automatically make you a "piece of shit"/loser/asshole/person who should eat a dick/whatever over-the-top moral indignation R-Star was spewing.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Larry went from piece of shit to bag of shit before the thread ended. I'm waiting to see if he'll be called a dumpster of shit.

·
Super Moderator
17,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Larry Sanders to ‘look into coming back’ to NBA

After accepting a buyout from the Milwaukee Bucks to step away from the NBA last season, Larry Sanders told The Vertical he plans to pursue a return to the NBA once his off-court ventures stabilize.
"Once my art, music and passions off the court feel stable, I will look into coming back," Sanders told The Vertical. "I still love basketball. I want stability around me, and part of my mindset to leave was not to put all my eggs in one basket.

“I feel highly valuable on any team. There aren't a lot of people who can bring my game to a team. I still play basketball all the time, staying in shape. I will need to make sure the situation is right for me.”

Sanders, an athletic shot-blocker at 6-foot-11, became one of the league’s most promising centers during five seasons with the Bucks. He had a career year in 2012-13, averaging 9.8 points, 9.5 rebounds and 2.8 blocks in 71 games, which culminated in his participation with USA Basketball and a $44 million extension.

Sanders receives $1.86 million per year until 2022 through his buyout with the Bucks via the stretch provision. Any future contract Sanders signs would be unaffected.

Sanders’ personal life unraveled from 2013-15, beginning with a Milwaukee bar fight in November 2013 in which he was cited by police but did not face criminal charges. He then was suspended twice for violating the NBA’s anti-drug program and went on a personal leave of absence, which led to the buyout in February 2015. Sanders admitted at the time he needed to work on himself as he exited the league.

People close to Sanders have discussed his seriousness to return to the NBA sooner rather than later. Nevertheless, Sanders would need to continue cleansing his lifestyle and show teams a renewed focus on the game. For now, Sanders says there is no timetable toward a return. He now resides in Los Angeles where he releases music, including a recent single called “Black Mercedes.”

Sanders said once his management company for artists, designers and photographers becomes more established, “coming back to the game will be easier.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/larry-sanders-to--look-into-coming-back--to-nba-151157576.html

This will make @R-Star happy. :laugh:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts