Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Bucks, Sanders begin buyout talks

5K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  Bubbles 
#1 ·
Buyout discussions have commenced between the Milwaukee Bucks and Larry Sanders that would make the recently suspended big man a free agent, according to league sources.

Sanders has served a 10-game suspension for violating the league's anti-drug program but has not returned to the team and is not expected to play for Milwaukee again. He has been listed as out for "personal reasons" in each of the Bucks' last three games.

The 26-year-old has been adamant that he wants to resume his NBA career despite the personal struggles that have resulted in two league suspensions in less than a year.

"Soon you all will know the truth," Sanders tweeted last week.

When asked last week about Sanders' status, Bucks coach Jason Kidd told local reporters: "That will be determined during the break."

Because of thumb and eye injuries -- as well as suspensions -- Sanders has only appeared in just 50 games games for Milwaukee since landing a four-year, $44 million contract extension during the summer of 2013.

He's been one of the league's most impactful defensive big men when he's been on the floor, but the surprising Bucks -- off to a 30-23 start under Kidd -- have coped well without him this season, posting a 12-7 record in those games while relying on the likes of John Henson, Ersan Ilyasova, Zaza Pachulia and the recently signed Kenyon Martin.

NBA players don't face suspensions for violating the league's anti-drug policy until their third such violation. Sanders was suspended for the final five games of the 2013-14 season and, through the most recent suspension, forfeited more than $1 million of his $11 million salary this season.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12332804/milwaukee-bucks-larry-sanders-begin-buyout-talks

#54 ·
Larry went from piece of shit to bag of shit before the thread ended. I'm waiting to see if he'll be called a dumpster of shit.

#55 ·
Larry Sanders to ‘look into coming back’ to NBA

After accepting a buyout from the Milwaukee Bucks to step away from the NBA last season, Larry Sanders told The Vertical he plans to pursue a return to the NBA once his off-court ventures stabilize.
"Once my art, music and passions off the court feel stable, I will look into coming back," Sanders told The Vertical. "I still love basketball. I want stability around me, and part of my mindset to leave was not to put all my eggs in one basket.

“I feel highly valuable on any team. There aren't a lot of people who can bring my game to a team. I still play basketball all the time, staying in shape. I will need to make sure the situation is right for me.”

Sanders, an athletic shot-blocker at 6-foot-11, became one of the league’s most promising centers during five seasons with the Bucks. He had a career year in 2012-13, averaging 9.8 points, 9.5 rebounds and 2.8 blocks in 71 games, which culminated in his participation with USA Basketball and a $44 million extension.

Sanders receives $1.86 million per year until 2022 through his buyout with the Bucks via the stretch provision. Any future contract Sanders signs would be unaffected.

Sanders’ personal life unraveled from 2013-15, beginning with a Milwaukee bar fight in November 2013 in which he was cited by police but did not face criminal charges. He then was suspended twice for violating the NBA’s anti-drug program and went on a personal leave of absence, which led to the buyout in February 2015. Sanders admitted at the time he needed to work on himself as he exited the league.

People close to Sanders have discussed his seriousness to return to the NBA sooner rather than later. Nevertheless, Sanders would need to continue cleansing his lifestyle and show teams a renewed focus on the game. For now, Sanders says there is no timetable toward a return. He now resides in Los Angeles where he releases music, including a recent single called “Black Mercedes.”

Sanders said once his management company for artists, designers and photographers becomes more established, “coming back to the game will be easier.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/larry-sanders-to--look-into-coming-back--to-nba-151157576.html

This will make @R-Star happy. :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.