Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Re: Bucks targeting Brook Lopez Tyson Chandler

Lopez and Hibbert are terrible matches they want to run.

Jordan is the best of the lot but no way the Clippers give him up. Chandler might be too old. He would've been great 2 ot 3 years back.

They want to challenge in 2 or 3 years.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts

Marc Stein: Milwaukee Bucks intend to pursue Brooklyn Nets center Brook Lopez

In a cap clearing move, the Milwaukee Bucks traded away forward Ersan lyasova to the Detroit Pistons in exchange for Caron Butler and Shawne Williams. The Bucks are expected to waive both players to clear up cap space for this summer.

The Milwaukee Bucks intend to pursue Brooklyn Nets center Brook Lopez this summer, according to ESPN.com’s Marc Stein. Lopez is expected to opt-out of the final year of his contract.

“League sources say the Bucks want a proven center in free agency if they can score one, and have pinpointed two kinds of former All-Stars — Dallas’ Tyson Chandler and Brooklyn’s Brook Lopez — as targets for the top of their wish list.

Bucks coach Jason Kidd knows both of them well, having played alongside Chandler in both Dallas and New York and having coached Lopez with the Nets. And word is that Milwaukee intends to chase both hard come July 1 in hopes of emerging as a serious contender for at least one of them.”

Brooklyn Nets general manager Billy King stated that retaining Lopez and Thaddeus Young is the team’s number one priority this offseason. If Lopez opts out, he will be an unrestricted free agent, and free to sign with any team of his choosing. While the Nets retain his Bird rights, – meaning that the team can offer him more money and a longer contract – doing so would put the team in the position to have to pay the dreaded repeater tax.

Lopez, 27, averaged 17.2 points, 7.4 rebounds, and 1.8 blocks per game. He also had a PER of 22.76, which ranked 3rd among centers in the NBA.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts

Ehhh.... I don't think Chandler should be a center piece for anyone at this point, and after being one of the leagues biggest laughing stock contracts, it seems a brief stint of being injury free has all the sudden made teams forget that Lopez is always a rebound away from being sidelined for the year.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts

I wish we could give them Marc Gasol for Jabari Parker.

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts

Ehhh.... I don't think Chandler should be a center piece for anyone at this point, and after being one of the leagues biggest laughing stock contracts, it seems a brief stint of being injury free has all the sudden made teams forget that Lopez is always a rebound away from being sidelined for the year.
Well, on the bright side he doesn't rebound much, so maybe they'd be safe.

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts

Rebounding and defensive issues aside, I still think adding Brook Lopez might make sense for the Bucks... it does have the potential to be a bloated contract, because (and I love Milwaukee) you have to pay people extra just to get them to sign in a small, cold market.

It does border on the old Herb Kohl "hey, let's go all in on being a playoff team without regard for the long term consequences" bit a little, but it isn't like you're really going to be pulling in high lottery picks the next few years with how the rest of the team is coming along. Maybe a 7 footer that scores is exactly what they need... a guy they can reliably get points from. Maybe the fact that the rest of the team is good defensively can cover for some of his other shortcomings.

Also... in the case of Chandler or Lopez not fitting because the Bucks 'want to run', I'm not so sure that's true. Do the Bucks really want to run? Obviously Giannis is like a gazelle in the open court... but the rest of the team seems to thrive in the half-court, especially with the disruptive half-court defense they play. I think they'd be satisfied to grind it out in the half-court and get their transition opportunities off of the league-high turnover rate their defense produces.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts

I like this strategy.. many teams in the East are doing the small ball thing, it is smart to do the opposite and add more size

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
i don't see anything wrong with trying to develop henson. that may be the most financially safe move. lopez has not been able to stay healthy for long stretches while chandler will no longer be playing at a high level by the team the bucks peak.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts

I wish we could give them Marc Gasol for Jabari Parker.
That sounds like one of those trades you would pull off in KVBL no problem.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
i don't see anything wrong with trying to develop henson. that may be the most financially safe move. lopez has not been able to stay healthy for long stretches while chandler will no longer be playing at a high level by the team the bucks peak.
Henson will develop just fine during Lopez and/or Chandler's inevitable stint on injured reserve.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts

I like this strategy.. many teams in the East are doing the small ball thing, it is smart to do the opposite and add more size
And the 76ers might just get the chance to add even more size if the Lakers pass on Okafor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts