Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without any superstars, I'd like to see people build a team around Kobe Bryant. This is said without any kind of sarcasm that might attract sensitive Laker fans to bash me.

PG - Mike Bibby
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Joe Johnson
PF - Udonis Haslem
C - Jeff Foster

I think Bibby would do great with Kobe. He doesn't need a lot of shot attempts, and he rotates the ball. Just what Kobe needs, a PG that doesn't dominate the ball. Joe Johnson would be an awesome addition since he doesn't really need the ball too much to be an effective scorer. He's excellent for picking up the scoring slack. Both Udon and Jeff Foster are great rebounders. Jeff is 4th in the league in offensive rebounds per game, while Udon is 9th for all forwards. A perimeter game would need a frontcourt like them to make up for a lower FG% due to lack of an inside game.

Post your lineups, make them a realistic one. ;)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
PG: Chauncey Billups
SG: Kobe
SF: Trenton hassal
PF: Pj brown
C: Samuel Dalaembere

Reactions: underhill_101

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Mitch Kupchak style

PG Chucky Atkins
SG Kobe Bryant
C Chris Mihm
PF Lamar Odom (who, by the way is a SF)
SF Caron Butler

Oh wait that's been done. How'd they do?

Me

PG Derron Williams
SG Kobe Bryant
C Chris Mihm
PF Tyson Chandler
SF Caron Butler

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
One we have a decent shot at getting is...

PG: Deron Williams
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Caron Butler
PF: Tyson Chandler
C: Jamaal Magloire

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Southern Baller Teezy said:
Brevin Knight
Kobe Bryant
Peja Stojakovic
Udonis Haslem
Ben Wallace
Great mix of players but unrealistic

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Captain Obvious said:
Yeah right how are you going to get those guys?
Very easily. We could either trade for or sign Tyson Chandler and trade Odom in a deal for Magloire. Or trade Odom in a deal for Chandler and trade Mihm, expirings and picks in a deal for Magloire.

Obviously, draft Williams with the lotto pick.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Here is a team that I feel we could win with:

PG-Kirk Hinrich
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF-Ron Artest
PF-Tyson Chandler
C-Jamal Magloire

I'm not saying we could acquire all of those players. Obviously, we can't. However, I think that is the type of team we should build around Kobe.

At PG, we need a guy that is a true PG that can handle the ball most of the game. He also has to be able to create for others and hit the deep jumper. I'd also like a defender that can shutdown opposing SGs.

At SF, I would prefer a guy that can play off the ball some. He has to be able to score but he doesn't have to be a great shooter. He's got to be able to slash to the bucket, though. He's also got to be an aggressive player that gets to the FT line and generates points out of limited shots. I'd also like him to be an excellent defender. A trio of Hinrich, Kobe, and Artest would allow us to do all kinds of things defensively.

The PF doesn't have to be a great scorer but he's got to be able to crash the boards and block shots. I'd prefer an athletic body here that could score some easy buckets down low every now and then.

The C has to have low-post skills. He has to be able to score points when the ball comes to him. He's also got to have the size and strength to be a factor on defense and on the glass.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Here's a team I'd like to see the Lakers get:

PG Stephon Marbury
SG Kobe
SF Vince Carter
PF Chris Webber
C Eddy Curry

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
Very easily. We could either trade for or sign Tyson Chandler and trade Odom in a deal for Magloire. Or trade Odom in a deal for Chandler and trade Mihm, expirings and picks in a deal for Magloire.

Obviously, draft Williams with the lotto pick.
Nope. Odom could be dealt for just one of those guys. Chandler can't be signed by the Lakers, the MLE will be matched in a second. You don't have the pieces to trade for both. As for Williams, with the way he's been playing he'll be gone by the time the Lakers pick.

·
Banned
662 Posts
pg-Gary Payton

sg- Kobe Bryant

sf- Deveon George

pf- Karl Malone

c- Shaq

·
Hurt Squad
4,842 Posts
Lakerman33 said:
Great mix of players but unrealistic
I thought so too, but we coud sign brev and Udon possibly in the offseason for not that much and trade Odom for Stojakovic.

then Maybe draft Shelden Williams, and then boom not that bad of a team

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Aren't Bibby and Kobe pretty good friends? I remember Kobe really encouraging the Bibb-ster after the Lakers won in 2002.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I'd trade our lottery pick to Chicago plus Divac's contract to Chicago for Chandler. We'd have

pg - Antonion Daniels
sg -Kobe
sf- Odom
pf -Mihm
C- Chandler

Trade Butler to Portland for Ruben Patterson and Richie Fram.

We'd have defense on the edge with Patterson off the bench and Daniels at pg. Have the shot blocking with Mihm and Chandler and a shooter in Fram that kid can really shoot it.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Captain Obvious said:
Nope. Odom could be dealt for just one of those guys. Chandler can't be signed by the Lakers, the MLE will be matched in a second. You don't have the pieces to trade for both. As for Williams, with the way he's been playing he'll be gone by the time the Lakers pick.
The Lakers will very likely get the chance to draft either Williams or Felton with the #10 pick. If you look at the teams that will get a higher pick than the Lakers, only Utah is in desperate need of a PG.

Chandler could be had in a sign and trade. He'll want more than the MLE and the Bulls won't be able to afford that. He could very easily end up going to the Lakers for a combination of Cook/Vujacic and George/Medvedenko/Divac and a draft pick. I have outlined why this would happen in previous posts. The Bulls can't afford to re-sign Curry and Chandler to huge deals and expect to keep Gordon, Hinrich, Duhon and Deng. The trade would be similar to the one that Chicago did with New York this summer. Why will Chandler stay in Chicago when he can get more money and a starting position in his home town? Also, the Bulls will likely sign Donyell Marshall, who wants to go back to Chicago, to compensate for the loss of Tyson.

It would be very possible to get Magloire by trading Mihm, either Cook or Vujacic along with expiring contracts. Magloire wants out of New Orleans and that is no secret.

You're arguing that there is no chance of any of those things happening, and you're wrong. Both of the trades have logical reasonings and both of the players are likely to be traded this summer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
pg:Steve Blake
sg:Kobe
sf:Andre Iguoldala
pf:Swift
C:Biedrins

bench:
pg:Louis Williams
sg:Dorrel Wright
sf:Dermarr Johnson
pf:Nikoloz Tskitishvilli
C:Kendrick Perkins

you got D...you got offence....you got tonnes of youth <whole roster>....you can run<blake,kobe,iguoldala,swift>...score<abviously kobe but i think Johnson and Tsitishvilli can surprise some ppl if they get some consistent minutes and shots>...defense <kobe, iguoldala,blake,perkins>....theres not alot of huge contracts here....great....some feedback would be nice though...

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Nitestalker said:
pg:Steve Blake
sg:Kobe
sf:Andre Iguoldala
pf:Swift
C:Biedrins

bench:
pg:Louis Williams
sg:Dorrel Wright
sf:Dermarr Johnson
pf:Nikoloz Tskitishvilli
C:Kendrick Perkins

you got D...you got offence....you got tonnes of youth <whole roster>....you can run<blake,kobe,iguoldala,swift>...score<abviously kobe but i think Johnson and Tsitishvilli can surprise some ppl if they get some consistent minutes and shots>...defense <kobe, iguoldala,blake,perkins>....theres not alot of huge contracts here....great....some feedback would be nice though...
You're joking, yeah?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts