Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"It's disappointing where we're at, and I won't make excuses. We've played poorly. But I'm not going to panic. We still have young guys who are trying to learn. The one miscalculation we made is we expected these young guys to make a large step—not a huge leap—in terms of their performance. That obviously hasn't happened."

Don't misunderstand Paxson. He knows other teams may send feelers on both players even though a perception existed before the season that Chandler and Curry were untouchable cornerstonesof the franchise.

Paxson even may initiate some discussions, given that there has been backroom discussion at the Berto Center on whether Curry has the fortitude to flourish in his distraction-filled hometown.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...0bulls,1,4283119.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Seem like as the days get closer to trading deadline we see rumors of Eddy being traded.

I don't think Eddy will be traded. If he ever gets traded it will be deadline of next season. IMO

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most telling:

While Paxson loathes losing and doesn't like using youth as a crutch, he's also aware an off-season of work with coach Scott Skiles could be beneficial.
The GM has given up on the playoff race...

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GB</b>!
Most telling:

The GM has given up on the playoff race...
I don't think he has a choice. In order for us to have made the playoffs, Eddy was suppose to be hige part of that. His injury and up and down play, hurt us along with poor shooting from the rest of the team.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!

I don't think he has a choice. In order for us to have made the playoffs, Eddy was suppose to be hige part of that. His injury and up and down play, hurt us along with poor shooting from the rest of the team.
...and it got Mr Bill fired. Curry's inability to grow as a basketball player has stalled this franchise.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
The one thing brought up in this article that hadn't clicked for me is that Phenix (assuming they don't get Kobe) would be in a prime position to drop big bucks on Jamal. Joe Johnson still hasn't convinced anyone and Barbosa is raw: Jamal could find a spot in the mix. I think a Barbosa/Crawford backcourt could be quite exciting.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
The one thing brought up in this article that hadn't clicked for me is that Phenix (assuming they don't get Kobe) would be in a prime position to drop big bucks on Jamal. Joe Johnson still hasn't convinced anyone and Barbosa is raw: Jamal could find a spot in the mix. I think a Barbosa/Crawford backcourt could be quite exciting.
I'm not buying this. Barbosa has been awesome since he started getting minutes. Johnson, while nothing special in my opinion, brings basically the same thing to the table as Crawford + an inch and some defense.

I think the top candidate in the JC derby is Seattle. After that, I can't think of another team that would have a dire need for him.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Johnson might have an inch, but I'm not agreeing with the extra defense bit. They also share the fact that both are painfully inconsistent... One night all-stars, the next night pay-check theives. I would rather have Craw though. His "upside" (what ever that is worth :heart: ???) is still greater and he is able to distribute in a way that Johnson will never be able too. Nothing wrong with a three guard lineup either...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
The one miscalculation we made is we expected these young guys to make a large step—not a huge leap—in terms of their performance. That obviously hasn't happened."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...0bulls,1,4283119.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Paxson's first, and most important mistake. His moves were based on this happening. In some areas, I'm critical of the players. However, I believe Chandler (before injury), and Curry ARE progressing, just not at the rate expected, which has caused the problem since that was unrealistic.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I'm just glad to see that Paxson isn't panicking and is prepared to wait for the RIGHT deal before moving any of the Bulls.

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
I think that it's important that we recognize the lack of assertive play by Eddy is not new, nor likely caused by the "distractions" of playi9ng in his hometown. Eddy used to disappear in high school games when he was guarded by whatever 6'5" center was playing for some of the Chicago Public schools.

I think Pax is sending out feelers in this message to find out what fan reaction may be to shifting Eddy off of the Bull.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
and the feelers aren't really that subtle if you think about it.

the press coverage has been rather harsh on the young eddy the last few days. i mean intravenous dove bars? (see morrissey) and on and on. scottie's remarks in USA Today were about as veiled as glass.

i just hope it doesn't backfire. but then if it does we'll know what he's made of.

and compare that with the blue collar work ethic angle on the JYD story in the Daily Herald today. about a kid who EARNED his way and cooked weinerschnitzel for crying out loud. (we're loving that visual)

pax is practicing patience...... for now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts