Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Wow...

I would imagine it is a future 2nd rounder because if not, this makes no sense. To throw in a 1st rounder instead just would be boneheaded.

Claxton is not as good as Kirk, so he is a backup and Cheaney just never made an effective transition to the NBA.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
If this is true then another trade is on the way moving JC for a SF. Hinrich and Claxton at PG and Cheaney and Gill at SG. That is a nice group of guards.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
If this has anything to do with a first round pick, I'll be volunteering as captain of the FIRE PAX lynch mob.

If it's a second rounder then it looks like a pretty good trade although Cheney is closing in on 33 years old and has no three point shot.

Claxton shoots like Linton Johnson but at least he's young.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Well it would not be anything permanent I know that just not bad for right now. Although Cheaney has had a nice year in GS shooting like 49% from the field and 8.5 points in like 26 minutes per game.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I like Speedy a lot, and Fizer was dead weight anyways. I already think this is a good deal, because theres no way I can believe that Pax would include a 1st rounder in this deal.

Claxton will give Hinrich some much needed rest though, hes just a rookie and Claxton will make it easier for him for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Re: Is this true??

Originally posted by <b>Modena360</b>!
Who else heard this?? I would give a 2nd rounder but defineatly not a 1st round pick for this deal. If I was Pax I would of done:

Jamal
Fizer
2nd round Pick

for

J-Rich
C.C
Speedy
Yea I would do that in an instant, Jrich is much better than Jamal at this point.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I'm getting really frustrated here.

I know Fizer was in the doghouse, but really, why not just let him walk instead of trading for two players who are less then 20% from three point range?

We need a shooter and got two guards who can't do just that.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
If this has anything to do with a first round pick, I'll be volunteering as captain of the FIRE PAX lynch mob.

If it's a second rounder then it looks like a pretty good trade although Cheney is closing in 33 years old and has no three point shot.

Claxton shoots like Linton Johnson but at least he's young.
Agreed, Mike! If we got rid of our first rounder for THAT, Pax shouldn't only be fired, he should be forced to sit in his own poop for like a year. It HAS to be a 2nd rounder. Noway Pax is that stupid...right?

I think this is more of an addition by subtraction move. We get rid of a bonehead who hasn't made a layup in a year and a half. I would have given up Fizer for a beverage at this point.

I haven't seen much of Claxton this season. I assume he'll be a better backup PG than Brunson, though.

I'd also like some sort of confirmation of this deal. Anyone got any?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I like Claxton. I like the deal. Like anyone?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts