Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets say for arguements sake the season starts and fizer puts up 12 and 6 and crawford flashes potential, but little consistency and krause decides to deal them both, what could the knicks give for them, i would imagine the only untouchable is this years 1st rounder

any thoughts and what fizer and crawford will be dealt for if they go?

·
Registered
220 Posts
There was a rumored deal discussed on this board a few days ago per basghetti80:

I heard that on NY radio it said negotiations are getting closer to making a deal happen- apparently the deal looks like this:

PG Jamal Crawford
PF Marcus Fizer

for

PF/C Kurt Thomas
PG Milos Vujanic( in Europe)

http://www.basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9546

I think the Bulls would be extremely interested in working out this kind of a deal IF they either felt that Brunson would be an adequate backup for Williams, or they had access to a decent backup PG with an ending contract. I'd expect them to leave Vujanic in Europe for at least a year. BTW, Bulls scouts like Vujanic alot.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
I'd seriously consider this trade.

For a backup PG, we could always sign Anthony, Alston, or Hardaway (LOL, I have to think ESPN will be canning him soon after watching him stumble through all his lines the other night :) ).

Or, we could play Rose more at the point on offense and give Trent some burn chasing around PGs defensively.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i like that deal from the knicks perspective, and we still have the injury exception. crawford would start i could sse him averaging 15/7 given sufficient playing time, and fizer could also start. it makes the knicks younger and more talented. i like it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MPK</b>!
i like that deal from the knicks perspective, and we still have the injury exception. crawford would start i could sse him averaging 15/7 given sufficient playing time, and fizer could also start. it makes the knicks younger and more talented. i like it.
Yea, I like it too. I think the Knicks need to do anything and everything possible to get young potential stars... and as many as possible (since they don't have any, unless you're a huge Frank Williams fan).

I also think that Fizer, if given a lot of minutes and a defined role at PF, can still develop into a very good player.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Thomas would be a great PF-C backup for you guys. It would help alot, not sure if he could take you to the playoffs, but anythings possible in the east this year.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can't we get a draft pick as well?

This trade needs something else. Couldn't we get the Knicks to include this years draft pick? Maybe we could include someone else.. maybe Bags.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Theres no chance of the Bulls getting the Knicks pick this year. They are now in the LeBron hunt. I think this trades great for both teams, no need to tinker with it. Hopefully it goes through

·
Registered
49 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks this is too much to give up for Kurt Thomas? What about if it was just Fizer and Bags? They are going to need some help at center aren't they?

People seem too happy to be giving up on both these guys. I guess I'm being to one eyed. If I was sure that this would put us into the playoffs then I guess I couldn't help but be more interested but since I'm not convinced of that I'm not to willing to give up on both these guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts