Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Chicago Bulls and Toronto Raptors have engaged in exploratory trade discussions on a potential deal centered around Carlos Boozer and Andrea Bargnani, according to sources.

If talks proceed to a more serious level, smaller contracts will need to be added to the deal to make the salary cap aspect work.

Still, both the Bulls and Raptors have given consideration to the move, sources said.

For the Raptors, the question is whether the organization can afford having both Rudy Gay and Boozer on the payroll moving forward.

The Bulls have long been assumed to be leaning toward using their amnesty clause on Boozer at season's end.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Interesting, I'd like it if the Raptors included Alan "****ing" Anderson who is still seeing 20+ minutes a game he is shit and his chucking is costing us games.

On the serious side though, I don't think the Raptors do it. That salary is crazy and Boozer won't put the Raptors into the next level. BC must be fired if he does this

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Boozer is a definite upgrade, but it will be tough for us to make any other big moves for years to come when we have so many overpaid players.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
His Defense is baaad, isn't it? I've heard plenty of players take shots at his poor D.

I'd be in if the deal was this

Bargs + Fields

for

Boozer + Teague and a pick

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
found this quote on another site that describes Boozers D

Carlos Boozer couldn't upgrade the defense of a team that consisted entirely of pylons. Not "oh, Jose, you're such a pylon"; actual orange traffic cones. Bolted to the floor, encased in cement, with big neon arrows on them pointing in the direction of the rim. In a Defense-O-Thon, they'd mercy rule Boozer.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
i hope this happens. boozer isn't an upgrade over bargs defensively but he at least grabs a number of rebounds. he is overpaid but is a serviceable pf. bargs just needs to go. if anything it helps the team move forward.

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts
I feel like this would be a horrible trade for both franchises.
Without knowing their contract situations, I agree. They're both absolutely useless on the defensive end. Bargnani's a **** on top of it though, so Chicago would probably be the bigger loser.

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
I would honestly rather have Bargnani than Boozer. I think Thibs can stop any opposing offense, but the Bulls always seem to suck at shooting from the perimeter.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Bargs under Thibs is a funny idea. I wonder if it'll actually help Bargs or drive Thibs crazy. If he can get him playing passable D then Bargs would really help their offense I think. Gives them a stretch 4 that has a nice jumper. Though Boozer was a real banger that gave them a relative post option that I don't trust Noah with.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
trading in your best scorer for a guy who will be a 6th man...pure salary dump.

on the raptors side an upgrade , 1 step closer to legitimacy...albeit an expensive step.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts