Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the radio (pre-game):

"Senior Management has become extremely concerned that seven weeks on the IR list has not healed Tyson Chandlers back. He's still experiencing stiffness roughly every other day, and won't be ready to go for at least two more weeks."
(GB says: Something funny is up here. The way this report was written and announced, it was as though Carmen knew something. I'm telling you---he was saying "read between the lines" but I just couldn't get it)

AND

"It is apparent that Skiles has returned Eddy to "training camp". He's putting in extra work after practice and before games. Today he was seen working on his footwork with coaches, cupping a medicine ball in one hand and dunking and performing short hooks with the other. He says he can begin to feel the extra work paying off"

Cuts to a Curry clip

"I don't get as tired so fast anymore. It's...true that I haven't been working hard. And I wish I had worked harder earlier in my career, but I want to make up for it now"
(GB: I almost crashed the car when he said "I haven't been working hard". Tell us something we don't know...)

TV COMMERCIAL

"Gasol leads the Grizzlies, Hinrich leads the Bulls. Bulls vs. Grizzlies--only on Fox Sports Net."

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Skiles is giving two black sheep a chance to turn it all around, and it looks like they want to.

This guy could completely turn the Bulls franchise around after a long 6 years.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GB</b>!
The way this report was written and announced, it was as though Carmen knew something. I'm telling you---he was saying "read between the lines" but I just couldn't get it)

Read between the lines?

We're trading a fragile Tyson Chandler for a healthy Marcus Camby ?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
hopefully wednesday's tribune relaxes some fears.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...brite,1,3171343.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

"If the doctor says a week, I try to come back in two days," Chandler said. "I always try to push the time forward. The doctor said before I get on the practice floor, he wants me to do a lot of conditioning to make sure I'm ready.

"I've talked to six different doctors and they all tell me that it's not anything long term or career-threatening. It's not something that's going to get worse with playing time."
this is a reasonable explanation for the discrepancy between chandler's estimation and pax's caution.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GB</b>!
On the radio (pre-game):

"Senior Management has become extremely concerned that seven weeks on the IR list has not healed Tyson Chandlers back. He's still experiencing stiffness roughly every other day, and won't be ready to go for at least two more weeks."
(GB says: Something funny is up here. The way this report was written and announced, it was as though Carmen knew something. I'm telling you---he was saying "read between the lines" but I just couldn't get it)

AND

"It is apparent that Skiles has returned Eddy to "training camp". He's putting in extra work after practice and before games. Today he was seen working on his footwork with coaches, cupping a medicine ball in one hand and dunking and performing short hooks with the other. He says he can begin to feel the extra work paying off"

Cuts to a Curry clip

"I don't get as tired so fast anymore. It's...true that I haven't been working hard. And I wish I had worked harder earlier in my career, but I want to make up for it now"
(GB: I almost crashed the car when he said "I haven't been working hard". Tell us something we don't know...)

TV COMMERCIAL

"Gasol leads the Grizzlies, Hinrich leads the Bulls. Bulls vs. Grizzlies--only on Fox Sports Net."
Thanks GB!

I don't live in U.S and like hearing this stuff.

I'm starting to woory we gonna lose another #2 pick to a career ending(or maybe career seriously effecting) injury.a healthy TC is Dynamite,an injured one is Dynemite seconds after it is lit:(

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One thing I remember now is that Carmen kept saying, as I quoted, "senior management"....as though it was not just Pax. He kept pluralizing it. And it wasn't a blurb, it was a full 35 or 45 second report.

Maybe he's saying that theres something going on behind the scenes, like Tyson not doing his rehabilitation, and that the organization was souring on him.

It included a clip from Skiles saying: "Well, I've seen tape, but I've never coached him, so I don't exactly know what he'd bring to the table..."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts