Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here ya go.....

Portland trades: SF Rasheed Wallace (17.5 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.5 apg in 38.0 minutes)
SF Qyntel Woods (4.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 13.3 minutes)
Portland receives: PF Antonio Davis (8.9 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 32.6 minutes)
PF Tyson Chandler (12.1 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 27.1 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.6 apg in 34.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +15.9 ppg, +12.5 rpg, and +4.7 apg.

Chicago trades: PF Antonio Davis (8.9 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 32.6 minutes)
PF Tyson Chandler (12.1 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 27.1 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.6 apg in 34.7 minutes)
Chicago receives: SF Rasheed Wallace (17.5 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.5 apg in 41 games)
SF Qyntel Woods (4.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 40 games)
Change in team outlook: -15.9 ppg, -12.5 rpg, and -4.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Portland and Chicago being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Portland and Chicago had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1464189

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Holy Crap no

For what we give up you would need to sub Sheed for Cheech Stods .. arrghhhhh. Never mind

Newsflash ......... do dut dut dut do ( that's supposed to be morse code )

Your trade blows to Cyclonic levels

Oh.. and Sheed has no value around the league other than as a cap cleanser or to Isiah if he can pawn Keith Van Horn or Allen Houston off on you ( and he'll even lubricate himself to make the lash on Nash easier )

That's the funny thing about Portland fans

They just don't understand that they only thing they can get for Sheed is what they don't want

So... don't trade . Resign him over the summer and retain goodwill in the NorthWest for those that love him so

Or do you ?

And if you don't then why the ridiclous trades in what you think he is "worth"

For the record ... I'd do Antonio Davis , ERob and Crawford for Sheed and Ruben Patterson

Its about $22M v $23M in salary ( don't forget you have to factor in AD's trade bonus )

ERob expires next year - Portland is not a legit player in free agency in 2004 but will be in 2005 when it can try and bid for Curry and Chandler outright ( and if you have Crawford tied up in the North West his spit swapping Jon and Ponch good time bum chum , Eddy Curry , will ache in his loins most likely until he is reunited with his beloved )

AD is on the books for 2 more years and can provide soild back up for Fat Zach the Bard of Lard in that time as well as providing a better option than Vlad ( The Ugly ) Stepson ( English for Stepania ) in that time and a stop gap for the Center you won't acquire in free agency in 2004 or through the draft for that matter with where your draft position will be .. unless you take a flyer on some stiff that came from the same test tube from the same lab which hatched Dalibor Bagaric

AD , Stepson , Ruben Ruben Boumtje Boumtje ( will someone tell that man he doesn't have to play in those concrete boots that Tony Soprano made him wear ) ... Whew !

I'm in a public place .. I am so jazzed I have to cross my legs to hide my manhood and pull my sweater down low over my knees

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are u on coke dude? Okay don't want Rasheed and continue to not make the playoffs with all your "potential" Bulls fans continue to speak about. That's why Rasheed murdered Chicago 2 games ago.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sambonius</b>!
Are u on coke dude? Okay don't want Rasheed and continue to not make the playoffs with all your "potential" Bulls fans continue to speak about. That's why Rasheed murdered Chicago 2 games ago.
I wouldnt rip on our "potential" since you're the one coming up with scenarios to get them on your team.

Anyways though, about that trade. If Rasheed was 26, and not a free agent at the end of the season, then I'd do this deal. Rasheed is on his way down though, and we'd only have him for less than half a season considering he'd probably sign somewhere else in the offseason.

Chandler and JC are a big part of this teams future, and I dont think its worth risking for a player who is leaving his prime and is only guaranteed for a couple months. The FA market has been cruel to Chicago in the past couple years so the cap space wouldnt do us any good.

I like Woods though, hes just not enough to make this deal worthwhile for us. I'd probably think about doing one of the three C's for woods and wallace, but then you probably wouldnt do that deal.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
If Sheed is so great why you trying to trade him? Oh, that's right, he's a nutcase. So why the hell would we want him? So with that cap space all those great free agents will want to join a rebuilding team with the worst record in the league? That's right, they aren't going anywhere near Chicago.

Case closed.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Actually Samboner

I think Rasheed Wallace is the what Eddie Griffin was supposed to be , and as such , I think this type of player on the forward line is exactly the type of player that is the right complement to Eddy Curry

A player that can legitimately play inside and outside in a combination of finesse and power is ideal

But Rasheed would be a 3 on this team and I don't see him as a 3 - he is not a startling rebounder and Eddy Curry even less so .. which is why you need Tyson to clean the glass and take out the trash .

And I would take Sheed anyway .. just for a package that did not involve Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry

Like I said Crawford, Davis and Robinson for Sheed and Patterson .. or basically any combination of players not named Curry, Chandler or Hinrich

But here is the reality .. Sheed has not got a market for what your GM and your fan base would want

So get used to Sheed staying a Blazer. He's a ho .. he'll take the dough .. and Portland will be pressured into bending over and giving him the most amount of money rather than risk a PR mutiny of losing him for zip because he has no sign and trade value ( at least sign and trade value in what you want for him and there we are back at square one at the crux of the discussion - a wish list that stays exactly that )

Snnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooorrrrrrrrrttttttttttttt!!!!!!

Achoo

Sniff Sniff

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I'd play

Chandler
Wallace
Patterson
Jaric
Hinrich

Assuming Fizer for Jaric and Ely goes through and have Curry playing 6th man until he shows consistently that he is an allrounder who can defend half of as good as he can put the ball in the hoop , box out , contribute to our rebounding effort , pass the ball intelligently and effectively out of the post .. and generally get his busted arse into proper NBA game shape

So the bench

Curry
Ely
Collison ( swap Ely for - Collison stays on IR )
Jerome Williams
Antonio Daniels ( swap Borie Clunt and Kendall Gill for )
Brunson - IR buddy for Nick Collison and bleacher runner , handler of Pom Poms etc

Dupes Dupree
Jeffries - IR buddy to Rick Brunson .. they can reminisce about all the good times they spent in Toronto together

This team has 3 very competent defensive guards in Hinrich, Daniels and Jaric .. the latter two who are combo and who can effectively spell Kirk ( who needs it ) We add Brent Barry to the mix next year in free agency ( MLE or part thereof but I say the full Monty )

We have Crazy Rubes at the 3 who we know is a defender but who can score some and we use JYD as a versatile inside / outside defender who crashes the boards. We draft or trade for the best shooting 3 available who can defend

We have Tyson at the 5 backed up by Curry as 6th man

And then you have Sheed at the 4 backed up by Kirk's main man.. Nick" the plough horse he's a slow white boy hayseed who'll still go about his business and rip you one "Collison. Collison would see good minutes with all those Sheed ejections too.

We go into next season with :

Chandler
Wallace
Lewis ( dealt for with top 3 pick + JYD)
Barry
Hinrich

bench

Curry
Collison
Patterson
Jaric
Daniels

Scrub
Scrub

To round out the 12 man roster

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Actually we do not need this trade. Wallace could walk so all we would have is, woods. So your asking us to hand over chandler and crawford for woods. No thanks.

I would do the F_J_of rockaway trade.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!

Yeah

He's mad for it
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

One Portland trade to consider if we want a run Kobe:

Chicago trades: PF Antonio Davis (8.7 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.2 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (6.4 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 19.6 minutes)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 13.8 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (17.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.8 minutes)
PF Corie Blount (4.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 17.1 minutes)
SF Chris Jefferies (3.5 ppg, 0.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 6.3 minutes)
1st rounder lottery protected till 2007 and then top 2 protected.
Chicago receives: SF Rasheed Wallace (17.3 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.5 apg in 37.9 minutes)
C Dale Davis (5.6 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 1.4 apg in 28.1 minutes)
SF Qyntel Woods (4.4 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 13.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -19.8 ppg, -7.4 rpg, and -5.7 apg.

Portland trades: SF Rasheed Wallace (17.3 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.5 apg in 37.9 minutes)
C Dale Davis (5.6 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 1.4 apg in 28.1 minutes)
SF Qyntel Woods (4.4 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 13.3 minutes)
Portland receives: PF Antonio Davis (8.7 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.6 apg in 48 games)
SF Eddie Robinson (6.4 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 39 games)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 29 games)
SG Jamal Crawford (17.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.5 apg in 47 games)
PF Corie Blount (4.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 38 games)
SF Chris Jefferies (3.5 ppg, 0.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 15 games)
1st rounder lottery protected till 2007 and then top 2 protected
Change in team outlook: +19.8 ppg, +7.4 rpg, and +5.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Blazers have a small roster,so we can give more players and open as much roster spots giving all the unneeded.we take Dale Davis of their hands,aontract expiring a year before A.D.they get a banging C they want and JC at point.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
That is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much to give up in trade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts