Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,791 Posts
"The Bulls want Hinrich to be their No. 1"

Assuming what Slezak says is true, does this bother anyone ?

· Registered
1,791 Posts
Ron Cey said:
Being a cornerstone does not necessarily mean you are the #1 option on offense. There are many aspects of the game of basketball that make a player desirable to retain as a centerpiece.
Like being white and "naturally" hard working.

I kid. But you're probably not laughing.

Anyhow, since were speaking on principles here, are there any examples of cornerstones who are not the #1 option on offense and are untradeables ? At the top of my head, I could think of Shawn Marion, but when I think of Shawn Marion, I know he has the speciality of being able to rebound and block shots. Plus, they already have had their team built for a while, so it's hard to see them trading him. I can't think of anyone else.

I also can't think of any specialty that Kirk has that makes him so untradeable. My aspects that make an untradeable player are below.

Is there a unique basketball skill this player has that positively contributes to the team ?

Does he make his teammates better ? If so, how ?

Does he make key plays in crunch time ?

Do you think he would make a difference for a bad team ?

For Kirk, I would answer no to every single question, a general no, because he occasionally does have his moments.

What are the aspects in a player that make him untradeable for you, Cey ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.