Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the Bulls somehow make the playoffs, I would sure be a happy fellow. But to do so, at least one of last year's Eastern Conference playoff teams would not make it this year. Which team would that be?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Teams with changes....

Surely you would have to figure ANY team which makes additions or subtractions from their starting roster takes a big risk in disturbing what chemistry there was there in the first place. With the Bulls, there was always a "missing piece" to their chemistry. I believe that piece could be Jay.

Other teams, Boston(whom the Bulls split with during last season) must be one, Toronto will be a possibility IF they lose clark, Indy, whom I feel will never be the same as when they were monster enemies of the 90's bulls, charlotte moving to New Orleans,with a perhaps disgruntled Baron Davis, Philadelphia certainly has its own problems on and OFF the court, and the biggest mess has to be the knicks. We shall see. Now this was a quick synopsis, so please, don't knock me down and kick me over this!!! LOL:devil:

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by DaBullz
If the Bulls somehow make the playoffs, I would sure be a happy fellow. But to do so, at least one of last year's Eastern Conference playoff teams would not make it this year. Which team would that be?
I would bet on the following in order: 1) Philly, 2) Toronto, 3) Orlando, 4) Indiana, 5) Boston, 6) New Orleans, 7) Detroit, 8) New Jersey.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Re: Re: Bulls in the Playoffs?

Originally posted by Kneepad

I would bet on the following in order: 1) Philly, 2) Toronto, 3) Orlando, 4) Indiana, 5) Boston, 6) New Orleans, 7) Detroit, 8) New Jersey.
I like your style Kneepad. I don't completely agree with your picks, but you went the 'unpopular' route and for that you get my respect. [unpopular being not picking the Bulls of course]

Here's my 2k3 playoff picture in the East:

1. New Jersey - last year was no fluke, for the record I think Jefferson is going to go crazy this season
2. Indiana - my sleeper pick to win the East, young, deep and uber talented
3. Boston - the big 2 gets Vin Baker, Vin will be just fine in the East (where bonafide post-players are rare these days)
4. Detroit - two words, Ben Wallace
5. New Orleans - Baron is a pimp, now only if Jamal can stay healthy
6. Milwaukee - they'll be back
7. Toronto - VC will have a nice season
8. Philadelphia - AI is off the hook, but Deke and others are on the decline

Bulls - 33 to 35wins and we play the lotto

VD

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Bulls in the Playoffs?

I believe you may have misunderstood my post, VD.

The teams I listed were the teams most likely to miss the playoffs this coming year. I was responding to the question raised as to which playoff team from this past year would not make it this next year, thereby opening up a spot for the Bulls.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bulls in the Playoffs?

Originally posted by Kneepad
I believe you may have misunderstood my post, VD.

The teams I listed were the teams most likely to miss the playoffs this coming year. I was responding to the question raised as to which playoff team from this past year would not make it this next year, thereby opening up a spot for the Bulls.
My bad.

VD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts