Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone agree that for us to be the contender down the road i team should similar to the kings, jwill would play the bibby role, hassell at SG being the defensive stopper that christie is for them, curry being the scoring threat in the post like webber with chandler being in my opinion a perfect fit alongside curry like divac is to webber, we are missing the big time shooter from the 3 spot like Peja is for the Kings-this is something we are going to have to address at some point when jwill,curry,chandler are developed fully and this may have to involve rose at that point but not now- by krauses yearning for a wally or mike miller it appears that is what he is thinking too- as for bench i can see roger mason playing the bobby jackson role, baxter maybe playing scott pollard role and erob or someone else through draft playing role that turkoglu plays - anyone agree with me here?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
ummmmmm you do realize the Kings have not won a championship right? Not saying they wo'nt but you should be trying to build a championship team ie the Lakers not a contender ie the Kings.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a good point- but what i was trying to say was with the players we have in the team now our team of the future closer resembles the kings than it does the lakers-hence the comparision-as for the kings and a title i thought they should have won last year ( game 6 yikes!) and i believe they will win this year

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Thats an interesting premise Basghetti. The Kings certainly are a good model of team ball. I really don't know if this is what the Bulls are consciously trying to do or not but you sure made a convincing case for it in your post.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i admit in terms of execution we have a long ways to go we dont pass the ball yet as a unit on the floor nearly as well and we dont have the perimeter shooting from the SF spot like they do with Peja but down the road some combo of craw, fizer, or rose will yield us that- we do have the offensive ability to be like them in terms of having several guys who can score the ball -here is breakdown of the personnel for the kings and what the bulls appear to be getting towards-(again curry plays webber role and chandler plays Divac role)

Bibby,Jackson
Christie,Turk
Peja,Turk
Webber,Clark
Divac,Pollard

Williams,Mason
Hassell,ERob
Wally type SF,Erob
Chandler,Baxter
Curry,Bagaric

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Disagreed

The future Bulls don't really resemble the Kings much at all for me. The Kings are a successful TEAM that lacks the starpower of most top teams, but utilizes its talents to the best of their abilities. While Webber, Peja and Bibby are all very good players, they lack the dominance of most stars. Only Webber has the potential to dominate, but even he can take a backseat at times.

The future Bulls, I firmly believe, will be among the top teams because of the star power. They should have three guys who are near the tops in the league at their respective positions (Curry, Chandler and Williams) who will assert themselves as dominant forces.

I think we'll find that it is not fair to compare this Bulls team to any other from the past. It will create a new mold. No team in the history of the NBA has ever had a legitimate twin-towers combo PLUS a dominant PG. It just doesn't happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts