Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Bulls fans, you might remember me from posting Bulls - Time to Shut Some Mouths which received 600 hits in the first day!!! Anyway I want to give my opinions on your lack of big guys.

I know that you have Chandler and Curry which is fair enough, but are these guys ready to stock up 30 minutes a night. Who can back them up when they get into foul trouble. They will be in foul trouble as they battle guys who have been doing weights for 10 years and bigger centres and power forwards who have 10 years of battle tested NBA experience. This is where you guys are going to get killed this year.

I know you are thinking about the future, but why not try and pinch some extra games here and there. i mean Bagarac, who has been blasted on this forum, before is not the kind of backup that i would have liked for Chandler and Curry. I liked the signing of Blount because he played very hard with the 76ers last year and filled in when Coleman had his regular time off.

Chandler and Curry, will start but in their second seasons, they are going to need a break and here the backup positions become the key. they need mentors who can show them and direct them, and give them advice as to how to play a certain centre or power forward. these guys are going to get fouled down low and the Bulls need a player who can square up for them. A guy with a mean presence who can "protect" these guys. I am not saying that every team has this guy, but it is very important with a centre and power forward at such a young age.

My opinion is that teams are going to try and get Chandler and Curry out of the game. Their size and height alone is going to be a problem, i mean which team has a 6"11 and 7"1 guy as their starting four and five???? I feel that the guards are going to go hard in the lane and penetrate hard on them and try to get them into foul trouble. Because if you get them out of the game you can go to work on Bagarac. I also feel that Curry and Chandler will inevitably give away cheap fouls bringing in their backups.

When Bagarac is in the game exploit him. he is slow but he is strong. So I would play a quicker guy on him and play a perimiter based game on him. Bring him out of the key, then look to drive by him, exploiting his slowness.Blount is decent but apart from Blount and Bagarac their is just not that quality there to back up Curry and Chandler.

I know that the Bulls are rebuilding but they should look to get some wins now.Their lack of back up big guys is a concern!!

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Blount was signed to back them up and I assume to be their veteran presence.

Fizer is still on the team as well though I am not sure he is as tough of a guy as you describe.

Oakley was supposed to be their enforcer but he could not keep his mouth shut.

What is funny is that Bagaric has a mean streak. That is undeniable. I have laughed at the thought of him as an enforcer but that may be his best role.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
yes, that is a concern....

Hopefully, a second season, a first season knowing they are the starters will give them some initiative to get into the gym and weight room more and get bulked up some. THIS would help. as far as bagaric goes....do you want em? LOL yes, this was my observation last season and will to a CERTAIN degree be the problem again this year. Probably will not be as bad, but will still cause vomit-bag to have to log some time...good point. as far as guards driving the lane....this hurt us last year also. some of our guards are gonna have to learn how to take the charge to stop most of that.....pippen was good at it, as was harper....:yes:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Is Kevin Willis still out there, if he signs for the minimun or something small. But I personally wouldn't do anything because they aren't going to do anything in the playoffs if they even come close to making to the playoffs I'll be estatic about that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.