Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Should the Bulls give Noah some rest?

• Yes. That is the right decision.

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No. Miller and Thomas are worse then a hurt Noah.

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Well, anytime you "call somebody up" your signing them as a free agent, even though it may only be a ten day contract. And no, they are not limited to their own "home" team for call ups, they can call up an NBDL player from any team in the league who another team doesn't already have the rights to.

ACE

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Here are some possibilities from my quick search on the NBDL site. Basically looking for centers who can rebound and block shots.

- Dwayne Jones (15.0 reb, 2.0 blk, 17 ppg): http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=dwayne_jones

- Earl Barron (10 reb, 15 ppg, has NBA experience): http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=earl_barron

- Alexis Ajinca (7.5 reb, 3.1 blk, 14 ppg): http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=alexis_ajinca

The numbers of course are deceiving due to poor competition and heavy minutes, but surely these are the best centers you can expect to find at a moment's notice.
None of those guys do it for me and Ajinca is property of the Charlotte Bobcats as he was the 20th pick in the '08 draft and I'm pretty sure Charlotte didn't cut him...

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Remember Jared Reiner, hes available lol.

One absolutely intriguing player is John Bryant, undrafted center who is 6'10 300 pounds, not a physical specimen but he was second in the NCAA last year in rebounds trailing Blake Griffin by a few percentage points with 14 rebounds per game, hes averaging 10 rebounds per game in the NBDL. BIG boy is an understatement, could be a big body to bully people in the post.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
S. Smith

http://blogs.bulls.com/chicago_bulls_bl ... oming.html

The Bulls also figure to add a player on a 10-day contract.

One good possibility would be U. of Florida big man Chris Richard, who was with the Bulls in training camp and has been playing in the D-league with the Tulsa 66ers. The Bulls in these kinds of situations generally like to bring in players who are familiar with their play.
KC

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... 8856.story

and sources said the Bulls plan to sign Noah's fellow Florida alum Chris Richard to a 10-day contract.
hmmm, He knows the system. I dont know. What do you think?

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Chris Richard, eh? Doesn't really help our center situation unless we're planning to play some real small ball.

Brad Miller can't sustain more than 25 min/game at this point. That leaves 23 minutes needing to be filled. This could get pretty ugly, but maybe it's a chance to showcase Tyrus for a bit before the trade deadline.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I am glad Noah is getting shut down, it needs to happen unfortunately, hopefully a couple of weeks and treatment and he is right as rain. Underwhelmed by Chris Richard though he's just too short to play center. I would take a stab at someone in the NBDL like Dwayne Jones who at least is showing something.

ACE

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Its so Bulls to play an NBDL signing safe, Chris Richard? Really?

Dwayne Jones does have size and is producing well in the NBDL.

Why not try something crazy, take a look at John Bryant, the guy is HUGE, he could be that inside muscle that we lack.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Its so Bulls to play an NBDL signing safe, Chris Richard? Really?

Dwayne Jones does have size and is producing well in the NBDL.

Why not try something crazy, take a look at John Bryant, the guy is HUGE, he could be that inside muscle that we lack.
I played against John Bryant in college. He is a beast. But he is pretty much pureley an offensive player. He has good touch but is slow as hell and can't jump. Because of that he can't really guard anyone.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I played against John Bryant in college. He is a beast. But he is pretty much pureley an offensive player. He has good touch but is slow as hell and can't jump. Because of that he can't really guard anyone.
Not saying hes a legit NBA starter but in spurt minutes I dont see how he cant pick up the rebounding slack. The guy is very slow but there are very slow players in the NBA as well, he brings legit size and who knows, maybe putting him on a legit NBA weight loss program could help improve his game.

The idea of some little guard slamming into him alone sounds fun to watch.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Not saying hes a legit NBA starter but in spurt minutes I dont see how he cant pick up the rebounding slack. The guy is very slow but there are very slow players in the NBA as well, he brings legit size and who knows, maybe putting him on a legit NBA weight loss program could help improve his game.

The idea of some little guard slamming into him alone sounds fun to watch.
I wouldn't mind getting him.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Thu, Feb 4

Deng has a minor ankle injury, but will play Friday night, according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.

Recommendation: Deng sat out Thursday's walkthrough practice as a precaution.

(Rotowire.com)

Just read this on my fantasy squad, first I have heard of it...

ACE

21 - 40 of 43 Posts