Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the good teams have this, Lakers with Horry, Fox, Fisher, Kings with Peja, Hedo and Jackson while the Bulls are really lacking in this department. I know that you guys have Rose, but he is going to have the ball in his hands for the greatest part of the offense. He is the defenders number #1 target and they are going to want him to give up the ball. They will double and triple team him, like we saw in the final stages of last year. Sure the Bulls have the options of kicking it inside to the big guys, in Curry and Chandler, but whether they can utilise this specific play with these guys just one year out of High School is another question.

So my point is, who are the perimeter thrteats on the team. Fizer is really a low post scorer from what I have seen and Robinson from his days at the Hornets liked to drive to the hole but his range was only to about 18 feet. so who can hit the long ball. sometimes a three point jumper can change the whole complexity of a ball game, when hit at the correct time. Unfortunately, I cannot see a consistent threat from the perimeter. Can Crawford fill that role, he showed some glimpses of that when he came back from injury last year. Like I said, Rose, could be that player but he will need to create the offense, as he will be the number #1 target initially. But when Rose gets double and tripled there needs to be a guy who can get free and hit the jumper. That is why a trade should possibly be looked at to get this type of guy.

So which guys can they look at:
Mitch Richmond?? - Yeah I know what you are going to say - he is finished - actually the season before he was putting up 16 points and before that 19, it is just that he never played because of Kobe. He would probably sign for the minumum.

Mike Miller - My understanding that the Bulls turned down a Fizer/Crawford for Miller, but should this deal have been thrown out?? Miller is a proven long range shooter but is also a solid rebounder and perimeter passer and could help. He truly fits the guy that I have been talking about. They have the keys, in two up and coming big guys and Rose, the do it all guy, so he is the natural compliment here. Believe me, he is on the trade block, as Hill is back at 100%. But what players need to be involved to get a deal done?? He will not go cheaply!

Aaron Mckie - This guy has game and with the addition of Van Horn and Salmons, maybe he is availiable. Remember Iverson plays close to 40 minutes and Snow about 32. He is a great guy to have because of his versatility. He can play the point, 2 spot and 3 spot and is a great defender and rebounder. He can hit the long range jumper and at 6"5 can post up smaller guys when he plays the point or shooting guard spot. I just think that he is availiable at the right price, due to the recent changes in the 76ers structure.

These are just examples of guys that I think fit the bill of a perimeter scorer, which is what the Bulls need. They have used the lottery as best as they can and now is the time to win some games and a long range consistent shooter and scorer is a great way to start!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
a few names just thrown out there...

Hubert Davis
Eric Piatkowski
David Wesley (if courtney alexander starts showing promise)
Tracy Murray (not sure if he's still playin)
Glen Rice (if healty, and cheap enough)

...just off the top of my head

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
as far as outside shooting goes, I think the Bulls already have a few guys in house who can put it up from long range...

Crawford showed at the end of last season, that if nothing else, he has a pretty solid shooting stroke. I think he shot about 40% down the stretch, which would've made him among league leaders if he did it all season. (and no, I don't actually think he's going to put up 40% over the course of a whole season)

Jay Williams demonstrated on numerous occasions at Duke that he can hit a jump shot, from just about anywhere -- including at some very clutch moments.

even Fred Hoiberg is a good possibility. now, obviously, Fred had a down year, and his shooting stroke was not what anyone hoped it would be, but historically speaking, he is a solid shooter, with great 3pt range. I don't think it's unreasonable to suspect that he will return to good form (i.e. > 30% on 3ptrs) this year.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kingofkings</b>!

Mike Miller - My understanding that the Bulls turned down a Fizer/Crawford for Miller, but should this deal have been thrown out?? Miller is a proven long range shooter but is also a solid rebounder and perimeter passer and could help. He truly fits the guy that I have been talking about. They have the keys, in two up and coming big guys and Rose, the do it all guy, so he is the natural compliment here. Believe me, he is on the trade block, as Hill is back at 100%. But what players need to be involved to get a deal done?? He will not go cheaply!

Aaron Mckie - This guy has game and with the addition of Van Horn and Salmons, maybe he is availiable. Remember Iverson plays close to 40 minutes and Snow about 32. He is a great guy to have because of his versatility. He can play the point, 2 spot and 3 spot and is a great defender and rebounder. He can hit the long range jumper and at 6"5 can post up smaller guys when he plays the point or shooting guard spot. I just think that he is availiable at the right price, due to the recent changes in the 76ers structure.
Miller is too one dimensional to give up two young players for. We have enough defensive weaknesses, he would only make our defense worse.

I like McKie, I feel he would be a great fit for this young team, but not because of his perimeter shooting, but because of his defense and toughness.

The Bulls have some guys who can shoot the rock in Rose, Williams, Crawford, and Hassel. We need defense and toughness.

·
Registered
297 Posts
:quote:Mike Miller - My understanding that the Bulls turned down a Fizer/Crawford for Miller, but should this deal have been thrown out?? Miller is a proven long range shooter but is also a solid rebounder and perimeter passer and could help. He truly fits the guy that I have been talking about. They have the keys, in two up and coming big guys and Rose, the do it all guy, so he is the natural compliment here. Believe me, he is on the trade block, as Hill is back at 100%. But what players need to be involved to get a deal done?? He will not go cheaply!:quote:

The Bulls did turn down this offer, but then the Bulls offered Fizer and pretty much anyone besides our starting Rose, Curry, Chandler, Crawford and Williams for Miller and a filler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.