Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the scary part everyone. The bulls are only 2.5 games better then Orlando right now. They are also slightly better then Washington, Atlanta and Cleveland. Now here is where it gets dicey for some Bulls fans. Chicago has easily had the better schedule so far of the 5 teams mentioned. They have played more games at home then on the road so far. None of the 4 teams below us have. So it might be a case of each of them having easier schedules then us the rest of the way. Which is a real scary thought. Plus how long can Kirk keep carrying us? The guy hasnt hit any kind or rookie wall yet (though his last game might have been the first). if he hits the wall, how far can we sink?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I don't want to use this reason but we have had a lot of injuries. When Chandler/Pippen are back at full strength, we should be a lot better. As far as playoffs, it's a big goal. I don't know if we can make it. At the moment, i just want to have an identity -- more consistent wins and play.

Somehow, i think Curry is about to turn the corner. If that does happen along with the come back of Chandler, we may make some noises.

Ohh well, I am just being optimistic.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
you are right, rlucas. We have had an easier schedule than the other teams.

Injuries or not, we are where we are. And we have west coast swing coming up soon. I fear that will seal our fate.

We may play better after that, but it will not matter. We will be playing for next year, again.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now a game back of Cleveland. half game up on Atl and Washington and still 2.5 up on Orlando. Orlando should have won at NO tonight

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
The thing about home/road games doesnt really scare me. At our best, we are much BETTER than the teams below us, and even a lot of the teams above us. Its just a matter of getting healthy and finding a rhythm and some consistency. The problem is, I'm very skeptical if that will happen. My worst fear for the Bulls is that they fall in the 9th spot and dont get in the playoffs, plus dont get a very good pick. Its like making a shot with your foot on the 3pt line, worst place to shoot in basketball. 9th seed is the worst place to be going into the next season.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I've given up on the playoffs. Getting Chandler back will help, but it won't be enough to push us over the hump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts