Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.csnchicago.com/basketbal...-deal-with-Vladimir?blockID=742645&feedID=627

This was kept very much on the downlow. One year deal. I'm assuming the vet minimum. Should be 11th ish in the rotation to replace Deng/Boozer when we need more of an offensive spark.

Hinrich / Teague
Rip / Butler
Deng / Butler / Radmanovic
Boozer / Gibson / Radmanovic
Noah

Other news say we are in talks with Darko Milicic, which would make sense. After that, we need to target a combo guard who can take bench minutes at the SG/PG. The only guys I have heard the Bulls target in this regard is Marco Belinelli and Courtney Lee.

Despite an increased role, I doubt Jimmy is ready to assume the role of 6th man in the above depth chart. If Courtney Lee is available for what we have left of the MLE on a three ish year deal, this offseason wouldn't feel like a total waste to me. If not, sign one year deals and save the long term money for next offseason where things could get a lot more interesting and we have a lot more flexibility.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
God that is an ugly team when you don't slot Rose in the lineup. Just scream mediocre.
True, but playoff bound if everyone stays healthy. If they don't, then full on tank mode while developing Teague, Butler, and Taj and hopefully get a pick around #10.

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
Did I hear TANK? Deng and Noah should just sit out 1/2 of the season to recuperate their injuries. It would be nice to get a top 10 or 5 pick to put next to Rose.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Best-case scenario for Chicago:
1. Deal the Korver TPE and their protected 2013 first round pick to Houston in a S&T for Courtney Lee
2. Let Asik go to Houston
3. Sign Darko Milicic and Jermaine O'Neal to veteran minimum contracts.

(Derrick Rose)...Kirk Hinrich...Marquis Teague
Courtney Lee...Rip Hamilton
Luol Deng...Jimmy Butler...Vladimir Radmanovic
Carlos Boozer...Taj Gibson
Joakim Noah...Jermaine O'Neal...Darko Milicic

I swear, Derrick Rose and Courtney Lee would be a dynamite backcourt scoring-wise. Lee would get at least 15ppg on Chicago. With that lineup, the Bulls could hold out hope that Rose's return during the year will propel them to title-caliber.

Next year, you let Rip walk, amnesty Carlos Boozer, re-sign Gibson and go after a young player with the MLE. Maybe deal Deng for some extra cap room and a pick. I wouldn't want to be the team that signs Deng to his next contract.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
God that is an ugly team when you don't slot Rose in the lineup. Just scream mediocre.
Tell us something we don't know.

Don't mind this signing. If we can get Courtney Lee as well I'll be stoked. Do we have anything at all to offer him?

·
Ethical Hacker
485 Posts
Just what I expected from the front office. All management ever does in free agency is pursue players that won't come here. The end result is usually a has been (ahem, Wallace, Rip, Boozer), or a never was (Donyell Marshall, Ronnie Brewer). Anyone hoping they go all in for the free agent class of 2013 or 2014 needs to remember this. The Bulls always fail in free agency. It's hard to be anything but disappointed in this front office.

Still waiting to see the grand master plan, Pax and Gar are working on. From here it looks like you're going after players on the cheap, and praying they work out for the team.

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
True, but Brian Scalabrine is ****ing terrible. Hopefully he never sees the court, I just don't find it a very inspiring signing... there had to be someone out there with a little more upside.

This quote from this article cracked me up:

Lakers coach Phil Jackson called him a "space cadet" and "my favorite Martian."

"I have a lot of respect for coach Phil, but I think he's kind of a space cadet of his own," said Radmanovic, who played 2 1/2 seasons for the Lakers. "He's the guy who has won 11 championships, so whatever he says, people will take as fact. Now, everyone thinks I'm a dumbass."
http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Vladimir-Radmanovic-s-play-speaking-volumes-2479480.php

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
Just what I expected from the front office. All management ever does in free agency is pursue players that won't come here. The end result is usually a has been (ahem, Wallace, Rip, Boozer), or a never was (Donyell Marshall, Ronnie Brewer). Anyone hoping they go all in for the free agent class of 2013 or 2014 needs to remember this. The Bulls always fail in free agency. It's hard to be anything but disappointed in this front office.

Still waiting to see the grand master plan, Pax and Gar are working on. From here it looks like you're going after players on the cheap, and praying they work out for the team.
But that doesn't mean you don't pile up cap room. The fact is, look at a weirdo like Howard. He decided for a while that Deron Williams and the Nets were the situation for him. Maybe in two years some unforeseen star decides that Chicago is where he just has to be.

The problem hasn't been cap room. The problem has been Paxson and Forman can't make a sale. And then when they didn't sell the top guy, they signed Boozer, somehow believing that if you have money and you miss on good players, you just call the next guy in the waiting room and sign a bad player.

The problem was also that Deng's terrible contract made them feel like the cap space was now or never.

In cap room scenarios you have to be able to sell your team to the top players AND you have to know how to walk away when the remaining players just aren't good enough for the commitment in years.

The other thing is, cap space can be PART OF your plan, but it can't be the only part. The Bulls should be looking to trade for potential stars like a DeRozan, Cousins or insert your own up and comer. That way if you strike out in free agency you aren't sitting there like, "well, guess we have to sign Carlos Boozer."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts