Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chicago trades: PF Marcus Fizer (12.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 25.8 minutes)
PG Jamal Crawford (9.3 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 20.9 minutes)
Chicago receives: SG Hubert Davis (7.2 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 24.1 minutes)
SG Mike Miller (15.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 33.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +0.8 ppg, -1.3 rpg, and +1.2 apg.

Washington trades: SG Hubert Davis (7.2 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 24.1 minutes)
C Brendan Haywood (5.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 20.4 minutes)
Washington receives: PG Jamal Crawford (9.3 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 23 games)
SG Jeryl Sasser (1.4 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.3 apg in 7 games)
Change in team outlook: -1.6 ppg, -4.2 rpg, and +0.1 apg.

Orlando trades: SG Mike Miller (15.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 33.7 minutes)
SG Jeryl Sasser (1.4 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.3 apg in 5.1 minutes)
Orlando receives: PF Marcus Fizer (12.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 76 games)
C Brendan Haywood (5.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 62 games)
Change in team outlook: +0.8 ppg, +5.5 rpg, and -1.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Chicago, Washington, and Orlando being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Chicago, Washington, and Orlando had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Why Magic do it: If the Magic believe Grant Hill is 100%, Mike Miller is expendable. The Magic address their needs by getting a good low post scorer (Marcus Fizer) and a good up-and-coming big man in Brendan Haywood.

Why Wizards do it: They get Jamal Crawford, who Jordan is rumored to be high on. They now have their PG, and can allow Larry Hughes to play SG and PG.

Why Bulls do it: They get the perimeter shooter they need in Mike Miller. Hubert Davis also supplies great outside shooting, and then his contract runs up after the season.

I believe the Magic and Wizards would do this, but I don't know if Krause will give up Jamal Crawford that easily.

Please comment.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I don't think Jordan wants Crawford now after the signing of Larry Hughes. Also Wizards won't give up Haywood for Crawford imo. Plus Marshall will sign with the Bulls so Bulls will have no interest in Miller, for at least this season...

·
Registered
973 Posts
Its okay, but it really weakens our interior.

ANd it gives us too many guards.

Sasser, Crawford, Lue, MJ, Rip, CWhit, Hughes, Grizzard, and Dixon.

I think we shouldn't do this cuz we don't need to weaken our interior defense even more. But it is nice to have a true point.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
IT is a ok deal..But i dont think Jordan would do it i heard he like Haywood alot and i dont think Jordan is really high on Crawford he just got a new PG in Hughes..But i dont think it a good trade for the bulls..There give up 2 players with huge potenail and all they are gettin is a good shooter and a old guy that would just take up space on the team..And the Wizard really dont give up anything cause Davis is wash up and Haywood wont be good for another 2 years...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts