Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MILWAUKEE (AP) - A school bus driver caught on a hidden tape recorder threatening to beat a 9-year-old boy with Down's Syndrome was sentenced to six months in jail.

Brian Duchow, 29, pleaded guilty in May to one count of child abuse that intentionally caused great harm after a criminal complaint said he admitted slapping the boy and cursing at him on the bus.

``This isn't someone who has just mildly lost patience,'' Judge Michael Brennan said at a hearing Friday. ``This is someone who's angry - very angry - with a child. ... No one should be treated like this.''

Jacob Mutulo's parents had placed a voice-activated tape recorder in their son's backpack because of concerns about how the boy was behaving on the bus.

On the recording, Duchow can be heard telling the boy to ``stop before I beat the living hell out of you,'' among other threats.

Jacob's parents said the boy was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder after the abuse was discovered.
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-APO-PLS&idq=/ff/story/0001/20040904/1251220850.htm

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
"A school bus driver caught on a hidden tape recorder threatening to beat a 9-year-old boy with Down's Syndrome was sentenced to six months in jail."

this sick, why would anyone beat up a handicap kid:krazy:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
:nonono:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Man, that kid must have been really annoying to provoke a nice man into hitting him like that. I wonder what he was doing.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Pretty damn despicable. :mad: :upset:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ravnos</b>!
Man, that kid must have been really annoying to provoke a nice man into hitting him like that. I wonder what he was doing.
Yeah, I feel awful thinking the same thing, but good lord, that kid must have been a real pain in the *** for the driver to get that furious with him.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yeah, I know a few kids with down syndrome, and they aren't really that strange. They just sing and talk to themselves a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts