Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Losing keon is a huge loss

This makes the Raptors a .500 team IMO

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
This could mean a trade is in the works or possibly even done right now. Probably Keon going to Utah for Marshall or Seattle for Lewis as part of a package. Maybe something like:

Keon and JYD for Lewis and a first round pick

Keon, Hakeem, JYD and Bradley for Marshall and a first round pick

The latter trade idea is only a salary dump and then in a couple seasons when Yogi's contract is up we'll have *some* room to sign a FA without going over the tax.

OR we could try this...
Hakeem, JYD, Bradley for Marshall, and maybe we could throw in a second rounder too. After that we could re-sign Keon.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
They arent. But Keon's not resigning because its a money issue. So if we can't afford him how then can we afford Marshall or Lewis?

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by R-Star
They arent. But Keon's not resigning because its a money issue. So if we can't afford him how then can we afford Marshall or Lewis?
If we make a sign-and-trade sending JYD and Bradley (as it's rumoured), for a re-signed Marshall, we're not taking on any extra contracts while not giving up anything are we? If we trade JYD and Bradley (almost $7 million) to the Jazz for a re-signed Marshall, not only are we not taking on any extra contracts, we're actually saving some money, probably $1 million.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Yea, guess thats true. I just can't see Glen getting anyone who will make an impact this summer. Which is sad since all the signing that went on last summer seemed to show the team was moving in the right direction and that they were willing to spend money

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
glen is in a tight situation... but the team is VERY near the luxury tax, so he cant spend anymore.... remember, only dallas, new york, and portland are the ONLY teams(or more) that are willing to pay the luxury tax.

glen must find a way to trade for another impact player to replace keon.

·
Registered
697 Posts
proposed trade

i dont think seattle would really want to do that deal..and even if they did would the money work out???
and i dont see how it really benefits toronto to get lewis.. they need a pf atm.. peterson/carter is a good sf/sg combo imo and lewis is too skinny to play the 4..if he adds some bulk he could play the 4 but right now hes stuck at the 3/2

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Im just worried how this team will find a way to replace what Keon brought to the table. I for one thought he should have been a starter the whole year. I mean Montros started games sometimes, Montros! Then again, Vince is comming back with a vengance, I just hope that makes up for the loss

1 - 11 of 11 Posts