Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I for one will miss you...will NEVER forget the dominating performances in the 00 playoffs and the "Scream yellin" Dunks. Damn no more Sheed...I'm sad:(

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I will definitely miss Rasheed, too. I think that he was unfairly blamed for so many of the team's failures and unjustly denied credit for so many of the team's successes.

I hope that his time in Atlanta is good for him and that he lands with a team this summer where he fits in.

The main thing that makes me feel OK about this trade is that we got a legit young star (or almost-star) player in SAR and a pretty good center, as well. If we had settled for less, I would be pretty steamed.

Ed O.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hey Sheed! Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Good riddence.

His bad attitude, laziness, uncoachability, lackadasical effort, 3 point jackin, and rudeness won't be missed here, at all.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Bye! :wave:

bfan1 ~ I know that you are a huge fan of Rasheed, but if you look at it from a business view if makes sense for Portland to make this move. The 2 year window is still open and now they have value for Rasheed instead of money coming off the cap this Summer.

The NEW ERA has really begun now! :yes:

·
Registered
518 Posts
dammit! I spent 70 bucks on a Sheed Retro jersey last year.

OK. #30 is done.

Retire Porter's number NOW.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Im with you bfan1 I love Rasheed!

I hate to see him go, but like howie says it is a good business move and will make us a better team. My question is will any of the new players be able to play tommorrow cause we need them now cause we need wins.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow!!!!!

... what a trade.

It seems like the end of an era in a way with Sheed on the outs. (Not quite the one I wanted - that would be Damon's era good and gone.)

I've really waffled on whether I thought we should get rid of Sheed this year - loving how he tandemed with Zack but also thinking fresh scenery would do him well.

I will miss him, no doubt, from his candor and explosive dunks to infectious smile (or staredown ... haha) and sweet shot. I've always thought, as well, that he was maligned unjustly -- hopefully Atlanta will be a friendlier place.

For good and perhaps for just a little ill, he's been the core of this team for awhile ... it's going to be really strange not to have him in Portland.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TP3</b>!
Oh brother. Racist? That's pretty unfair and definitely not cool.
Listen-if you listened to Courtside tonight you would have heard Jason openly accused Rasheed of being racist-he always has done that-he always asys that rasheed won't talk to him becasue he is white.

Jason also made racial jokes about Travis Outlaw when he was signed.

I absolutely believe he has a problem and until it addressed-I will continue to bring it up.

This is the root of a lot of what has gone down here in Portland regarding Rasheed and the "O".

I hate it too-but it IS a real issue when it comes to JQ.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Blazerfan024</b>!
Im with you bfan1 I love Rasheed!

I hate to see him go, but like howie says it is a good business move and will make us a better team. My question is will any of the new players be able to play tommorrow cause we need them now cause we need wins.
The new players first game will be against Denver. I think I might have to buy some tickets to that game! It is going to be very interesting to see how they all mesh.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I would NEVER shed a tear for Sheed. I could care less how good of a player he was... he was a jerk. Probably turned down re-signing with us, so what could we do? Good luck to him getting much when they let him walk. Choices will be more money with bad team... or not much with a team of his choice.

Nah nah nah nah.... nah nah nah nah... hey hey hey..... goodBYE :grinning:

·
Registered
731 Posts
BFan1,

I heard both tonight's Quick interview and the background talk re Outlaw. I come away with a different viewpoint than yours.

How can Quick's comments, public praise, and written support for Dale Davis and Damon square with your blanket statement?

Anyway, I too will miss some aspects of Sheed. I really enjoyed watching his defense improve starting his 2nd year here. He certainly would compete well against the good competition. Too bad he wasn't a bit more consistent.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Good riddance!

The guy's a bum, plain and simple. He shows flashes of brilliance, but he's just a tease. We were going nowhere with him.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Even today, some of you can't stop hating the guy for 5 seconds.

Sheed is better off playing in front of the empty seats in Atlanta.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
In terms of outright value, this is a good deal for Sheed. Rahim is a very good offensive player and Ratliff will help a lot defensively. Also, both deals are up in 2005, fitting in perfectly with POR plan. I find no complaints with this trade, it could have been a lot worse IMO.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Oldmangrouch</b>!
Even today, some of you can't stop hating the guy for 5 seconds.

He could never stop acting like an idiot. I guess that makes it even.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think that if this trade had happened two weeks ago or more the opinions of many people would be different. The recent better play of the team has returned the fickle fans of Portland back on the side of the Trailblazers. Let's not forget that we have seen stretches of good play from this team for 10 or more games for the last couple of years just to lose in the first round of the playoffs. I am sick and tired of hearing about Rasheed and if he we just play up to his abilities. He never will.

BeaverMaz

P.S. I know Jason Quick and he is not a racist by any stretch of the imagination

·
Registered
540 Posts
Minus one empty seat. I finally have a reason to start going to games now.:D

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I will miss everything I think Sheed could have been, at the same time I don't miss the awful media and garbage he stank Portland up with for years.

This is getting more and more to be a team that Mo can coach!

Damon is the last step to the end of the JailBlazers regime. Sheed however was the biggest piece to that era falling.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts