1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they're going down to wichita state.

· Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
who knows. but tennesse had a guy who had 20 points, but missed 12 of 18 three point shots. Seems like standards are way lower now to make it to the nba. I always hear about dee brown, but he isn't that great. I would think in order to make it to the nba, you should be a monster. enough with the word potential. It makes me sick. We need to drop about 6 nba teams that way the competition is back again.

· Registered
5,891 Posts
what about W state main guy?

· Registered
16,001 Posts
crandc said:
When it comes to basketball, in Tennessee men are the second sex, no doubt.
The women's team isn't even good enough to beat a good IM team, if the past is any indication.

People in TN might care more about the women's team, and they're certainly more successful than the men's team, but they still are signficantly inferior in absolute terms.

Ed O.

· Registered
3,756 Posts
Ed, if it makes you happy to think the women's team, with the winningest coach ever, who has played in every NCAA tournament ever held, with 5 national championships and about a dozen final fours (I don't know the exact count offhand) is inferior, hey, whatever floats your boat.
But the fact is in Tennessee the men's team is no more than OK. Few outside the state can name players or coach. The women sell out their games and are known nationally.

· Registered
16,001 Posts
crandc said:
Ed, if it makes you happy to think the women's team, with the winningest coach ever, who has played in every NCAA tournament ever held, with 5 national championships and about a dozen final fours (I don't know the exact count offhand) is inferior, hey, whatever floats your boat.
But the fact is in Tennessee the men's team is no more than OK. Few outside the state can name players or coach. The women sell out their games and are known nationally.
This is all fantastic. They'd still get their asses handed to them by any D-I men's team in the country. They're just not that good at basketball relative to men at a similar level.

Ed O.

· Registered
10,411 Posts
Tennessee's men basketball team has some history as well.....Ever heard of Bernard King, Dale Ellis, Ernie Grunfeld or Allan Houston?....

· Registered
7,812 Posts
Ed O said:
This is all fantastic. They'd still get their asses handed to them by any D-I men's team in the country. They're just not that good at basketball relative to men at a similar level.

Ed O.
Wrong IMO....many women have equal skills in sports to men, it's the simple fact that men's bodies are stronger, faster, better suited to sports that make them superior.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.