Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Get Bynum, amnesty Boozer next year, get Kevin Love...pair with a healthy Rose... I can live with that.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
If Bynum were traded to Chicago, it would probably be along with Metta and Blake for Noah, Deng and Teague. Not a great trade for LA though - Andrew is far and away the best player in that deal.

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
If Bynum were traded to Chicago, it would probably be along with Metta and Blake for Noah, Deng and Teague. Not a great trade for LA though - Andrew is far and away the best player in that deal.
Imagine the dirty work that Noah and Deng do for them. The Lakers would be greatly favored. However, Chicago will likely not make the deal. Losing both Deng and Noah for a one year rental of Bynum and Metta? Come one. I would stick with this team. And if needed, do a sign-and-trade next year. Next year's crop: Howard, Paul, Bynum, Josh Smith, Lawson, Curry, Harden, Ibaka, Ellis, Evans, Ginobili, and Al Jefferson. That is a nice list. The reality of the new CBA is slowly sinking in. Imagine what the owners will be thinking next year? With Rose being out majority of the year, i would say do what you can this year and wait for next year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Andrew Bynum is a much better fit for the Bulls than Dwight Howard. The biggest problem for the Bulls is teams will load up on D. Rose in the 4th Quarter. You can go to Bynum late in the 4th because he can actually hit his free throws.

·
Banned
1,290 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
IF the Bulls were to trade for Howard without a long term commitment, this would be the right time to do it. Derrick Rose is out, he's coming here to save the season for the Chicago Bulls. He gets a taste of what it likes to be 'The Man' while Rose is out, a chance to see what the city is really like... it's a long shot, but maybe he'll change his mind and re-sign?

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
IF the Bulls were to trade for Howard without a long term commitment, this would be the right time to do it. Derrick Rose is out, he's coming here to save the season for the Chicago Bulls. He gets a taste of what it likes to be 'The Man' while Rose is out, a chance to see what the city is really like... it's a long shot, but maybe he'll change his mind and re-sign?
I just don't see it. Howard should want to go to Chicago. It should be a dream destination. You have a team that has everything but a #2 star, a true center with size who can initiate offense, and everything else that Howard is. Howard has always been missing a good team around him that fits his game. It SHOULD be a great match.

But Howard appears to be a girl, a mental midget and someone who is not only impetuous, but extremely flaky.

I'd put his non-position-specific talent around a Charles Barkley or Patrick Ewing. Some will say, "he's more talented than that." Nah. Too stiff in the post, too deliberate, takes far too many dribbles and too much time for him to get into a good shot. Similar to Alonzo Mourning. In fact, I'd call Howard a 285 lb. Mourning pretty much. That's not that great. Certainly not a shoe-in title-franchise #1.

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
I just don't see it. Howard should want to go to Chicago. It should be a dream destination. You have a team that has everything but a #2 star, a true center with size who can initiate offense, and everything else that Howard is. Howard has always been missing a good team around him that fits his game. It SHOULD be a great match.

But Howard appears to be a girl, a mental midget and someone who is not only impetuous, but extremely flaky.

I'd put his non-position-specific talent around a Charles Barkley or Patrick Ewing. Some will say, "he's more talented than that." Nah. Too stiff in the post, too deliberate, takes far too many dribbles and too much time for him to get into a good shot. Similar to Alonzo Mourning. In fact, I'd call Howard a 285 lb. Mourning pretty much. That's not that great. Certainly not a shoe-in title-franchise #1.
Obviously, Howard is a confused person. I think Howard's current best options are the Lakers and Bulls. With the Lakers, he will win a lot quicker but also be in the shadows of Kobe and other great players. Once Kobe, Gasol, and Nash are gone, he will become the man. The Lakers are known as the winning organization, so they won't let him finish a career without having a competitive team.

With the Bulls, he will still be the superstar that he has been in Orlando. The pressure however will be a lot less with Rose being there. Rose will take the last shot and any unnecessary pressure. He will team up with Boozer, who is turning himself into a shooter, so he will be not be around the rim. It means Howard will have one less defender to bother him. Thib will likely make Howard an even better defensive player.

Howard has nothing to lose in either of these cities. Not sure why he is so reluctant to agree to join one.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts

For Howard, I assume it's some combination of wanting to be "the man," believing he will be a bigger media presence in NY or LA (don't forget he wants to be a movie star and all that), and Adidas not wanting him in the Chi market. Some or all of those seem to make him not want to be here.

I would add, the reason we're here posting is that we are all ravenous basketball fans. To us, it would seem crazy to have a star player who was not focused on winning an NBA championship. Not everyone is built like that. Howard seems to be perfectly content to make a bunch of money, have fun, and try to become a bigger celebrity. He was born destined to be 7 feet tall, but that doesn't mean that somehow he will absolutely be filled with the burning desire to win rings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts