Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C.J. McCollum is a 6'3" 195 pound senior combo guard from Lehigh. He broke a bone in his left foot on January 5 and is out for the rest of the season.

Draft Express Profile

Prior to his injury, he was averaging 23.9 PPG and shooting 51.6% from on over 5 attempts per game. He was also getting to the line six times a game and making 84.9%. McColloum made his mark last year in the NCAA Tournament when he lead Lehigh to a second round upset of Duke.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2013/01/26/lehigh-star-cj-mccollum-labels-injury-a-blessing-in-disguise/1866473/

McColloum released a statement this weekend. He said the surgery went well and
"I started pool workouts this week and have begun an extensive upper body lifting regime, along with daily treatment for my foot multiple times per day. Everything is going well and I've heard nothing but positive feedback from trainers and team physicians.
He might be my favorite player in this draft. If he goes to a team that will spend some time developing him, I think he can develop into a player like a prime Chauncey Billups. Most likely, he'll come into the league as a scoring combo guard who should be effective in his rookie season.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Doesn't seem like anybody is paying attention to him except NBA GM's, currently projected to go 8th overall to Detroit. Could see him going higher though, to be honest.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
This guy is nasty. Can shoot, handle and has moves. Long arms too.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts