Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
I don't think we can trade for him. Since being traded to the Lakers, he has shown alot of the promise in why he was drafted so high and thought of so highly.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,095 Posts
wow never thought of him not bad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
No Chance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fran Vazquez 6-10 PF Unicaja (Spain) / 1983
Among the hardest workers in Europe, Vazquez is becoming one of its best players as well. A monster of the defense end with his great leaping ability and desire to stop opponents, he's also a good offensive weapon as well. Has a mid-range jumper good from 16 feet. Explosive finisher who runs the fast break very well and with his amazing quickness can beat his man off the dribble.
Comparison: Kevin Garnett Stats: 8.4 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.6 bpg, 70.5 FG%
Rookie season salary*: $960,200 Ranking: 6th Power Forward / 10th International
Can he actually be next KG?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,966 Posts
i rather have a karl malone :laugh:

Shelden Williams 6-9 PF Duke / Junior
Atop a group of highly underrated players in college, Williams is a defensive gem, blocking, rebounding and intimidating opponents inside. Runs the floor amazingly quick for his size and plays strong inside. A terrific finisher, Williams can do it all at both ends, but needs to extend his perimeter shooting to become a franchise player.
Comparison: Karl Malone Stats: 15.5 ppg, 11.4 rpg, 3.7 bpg, 58.8 FG%
Rookie season salary*: $1,894,500 Ranking: 2nd Power Forward / 2nd Junior
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
I know, some of those predictions are insane. I think they compared Eddy Curry to Shaq.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,966 Posts
LOL...Eddy Curry gets outrebounded by Earl Boykins!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
fruitcake said:
LOL...Eddy Curry gets outrebounded by Earl Boykins!!
Seriously that was NBADraft's comparison at the time of the draft.

-Petey
 
  • Like
Reactions: fruitcake

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Petey said:
Seriously that was NBADraft's comparison at the time of the draft.

-Petey
That's because they don't mean he'll be shaq, just that he's the players who's most similar to Curry, and in some way it's true. Both are very quick, agile and athletic for their enormous size, and both are extremely strong.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
X-JAY said:
That's because they don't mean he'll be shaq, just that he's the players who's most similar to Curry, and in some way it's true. Both are very quick, agile and athletic for their enormous size, and both are extremely strong.
NBADraft takes those and other factors into consideration like drive and work ethic. It's obvious Curry has the potential and natural Gifts to make him a great player, but when our PG out rebounds him over the season, or Shaq more times then not at half has more rebounds then Curry will have in an entire game, it's kinda funny (the predictions).

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Petey said:
NBADraft takes those and other factors into consideration like drive and work ethic. It's obvious Curry has the potential and natural Gifts to make him a great player, but when our PG out rebounds him over the season, or Shaq more times then not at half has more rebounds then Curry will have in an entire game, it's kinda funny (the predictions).

-Petey
Yes, Curry's poor rebounding ability has been a real mystery.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top