Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with Dunleavy out, Cabarkapa went out and dropped 26 on the Rockets on 8-13 shooting including 5-7 from 3. Rounded it out with 10 boards and an assist, with no turnovers. He showed me alot tonight. Even though the boxscore says one assist, he actually had about 5 good passes for point blank looks, but one of them was missed and the others got to the line. He really came in and provided a spark tonight, I hadn't realized his passing or ballhandling were nearly as good as they were. In fact, both Zarko and Biedrins' play of late has very much exceeded my expectations. With Fisher, Pietrus, Zarko and Biedrins coming off the bench for GS now, to go along with a very solid starting 5, things are starting to look up in Warriorland.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Zarko has a ton of talent and the only thing holding him back has been a mental block. If he gets his head together he could turn into a real good ballplayer.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Another thing holding him back was Fortson. I watched the game tonight and was excited for the first time in a while about the Warriors. Murphy, Zarko and Pietrus all looked good.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Warriors have done a good job of stockpiling young talent. They have Pietrus, Zarko, Beidrins, Murphy, Dunleavy, BDavis, and now a high draft pick. This is a team that could realistically be like the Suns next year, maybe not contender, but legit playoff contender. It's just a shame that they gave big contracts to such mediocre veteran talent like Derek Fisher and Adonal Foyle.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Damn, if Zarko keeps this up, the Suns management is gonna look idiotic.

·
Registered
193 Posts
gian said:
Damn, if Zarko keeps this up, the Suns management is gonna look idiotic.
Well, not quite. The Suns traded Zarko knowing full well what his potential was. They also knew that he was never going to get his head back on straight being the last guy on the bench. If he would have stayed on the Suns he never would have recovered and the Suns would have looked stupid for holding onto him. Trading him was the best move for all parties involved, even if Zarko turns into a star (which I hope he does).

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Warriors have done a good job of stockpiling young talent. They have Pietrus, Zarko, Beidrins, Murphy, Dunleavy, BDavis, and now a high draft pick.
They also have Tskitishvilli, if he could turn out like he was projected to or come close to it then they would be even better.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
it is unfortunate that the Warriors gave those silly contracts to Fisher and Foyle, but as the team matures and the younger players take larger roles, fisher and foyle will be very solid role players, albeit overpaid ones...

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
The Warriors have always had lots of "young talent." But chances are, if you're loaded with marginal prospects, most of them won't amount to anything and you'll continue to suck bigtime.

I don't see the Warriors' future as being all that exciting, but I guess there's a small chance that one of their marginal prospects (Cabarkapa, Biedrins, and Pietrus) will break out and they'll become good again.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I wait for the first Zarko own this league thread

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
stupid *** suns not playing the bench more for no freaking reason Mike D'Antoni is an idiot, so afraid too take any of the starters out the game :no:

but Warriors are being built nicely

Davis
Richardson
Dunleavy
Cabarkapa
Biedrins
Pietrus

nikoloz might not be back

·
Registered
566 Posts
RP McMurphy said:
The Warriors have always had lots of "young talent." But chances are, if you're loaded with marginal prospects, most of them won't amount to anything and you'll continue to suck bigtime.

I don't see the Warriors' future as being all that exciting, but I guess there's a small chance that one of their marginal prospects (Cabarkapa, Biedrins, and Pietrus) will break out and they'll become good again.
Didn't Cabarkapa have some solid games in Phoenix before Injury? If that ws the case then I see no reason why he wouldn't continue to develop into a good NBA player.

What exactly do you mean by "marginal prospects"? If by that you mean they might develop into bencf fillers then your list of players is wrong...

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
The GS backcourt is insanely overcrowded. Pietrus, Richardson, Baron Davis, Rodney White, and then Derek Fisher is still getting 35 minutes a night. What? Why? He went 0-10 tonight by the way.

Murphy is a great rebounder but has horrible O. If Biedrins pans out they'll be a good team, but he still has a long way to go.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I predict a break out year for Pietrus next year (2005/2006)

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
RP McMurphy said:

Very true, these guys reek of roleplayer at best if you ask me. People drool over Pietrus but he doesn't appear to be much more than an athlete to me.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Greater Levitator said:
Because he is doing great right now and with a healthy Baron he is gonna improve!

Reactions: Pejavlade

·
Registered
719 Posts
why is it always when a player have one big game he going to be a good or great player in the future and also he get a tread started on him?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Hmm, this looks a bit like when the Warriors had Arenas, Hughes, and Jamison. Having young talent doesn't mean you're going to keep it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts