Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

The Triple Crown!

• Chris Davis is for real, and will maintain his lead in HR, and may take another category!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone else will spoil the party! Tell us how!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are beyond two months into the season. We're into June. We're barely a month from the All Star Break. Last year Miguel Cabrera won the first triple crown in ages... and right now he's in firm command of 2 of 3 categories.

Which leads to the above poll. Discuss.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Davis absolutely has the power to maintain his lead in HR all year. He has virtually no chance of keeping up his .350 average, but I think he'll spoil the potential repeat triple-crown.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't put it past Davis to hold onto his fly ball-homerun ratio. I think Cabrera's hope for a triple crown this year fall on whether or not Davis continues to make the solid contact he has been as consistently as he has been. If he hits .285-.290 rest of the way does he get enough solidly hit balls to maintain this homerun pace?

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Maybe, maybe not. Cabrera is also on a career high home run pace himself that he'll have to keep up to win. I wouldn't count out the Toronto guys, Encarnacion and Bautista either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts