Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone who saw the game knows that Powe was a beast. man and i didn't expect him to drain that jumper on the wing late in the game either...i was thinking..."drive dude, time's winding down." then he fakes twice and takes the jumper. the announcer said he's not even making those shots in practice. on the ensuing cal possession, he sliced through two defenders for a layup, which he missed (was off-balanced) but grabbed the offensive rebound and went to the charity stripe! living close to cal, i've known this kid is really special but didn't know he was THIS good until yesterday.

i was, however, a bit dissappointed in his want for the ball. he just kinda wandered around, then fought for post position. a lot of plays, it seemed like he didn't fight for post position and just floated around the free throw line, not a good place for him to get the ball. speaking of the free throw line, that maybe his only weakness.

anyone see the game? what do you think of his future in the NBA (i know it's really early, but i'm wondering if his size will restrict him?)

PS...been awhile since i've watched a college game and boy was it ugly. too many unforced turnovers and not even boxing out (in the 1st and early 2nd half Cal didn't box out well enough, but late in the 2nd half, it was UCLA that didn't box out well enough).

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
NBA-wise, he seems to be an undersized PF. He really needs to improve his range and perimeter skills if he's gonna make it in the league. He is a beast though.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I think he would be alright, he is an absolute powerhouse!!! He could do well in the East.

·
Registered
24 Posts
if he was to get on a roster out east, he would definitely be a beast, the only knock would be going out west, but hey look at barkley, he was small for a PF, he had quite a successful career....powe will be an all star within 2 to 3 years into his career.....

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
People forget that this guy was the No. 4 ranked player heading into his senior season until he tore his knee up almost completely. His first season back from that and he is getting 15.8 and 9.4 boards a game. He is a tenacious rebounder.

If he leaves after his junior year, he will be a lottery pick. He has tremendous skills. He really does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts