·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worst f'n call of the NBA season.

·
Registered
23 Posts
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: . SHUT UP! WE WON!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Basketball Fan</b>!
What the hell are we talking about?
Im guessing the Pistons/T-Wolves game.

They called an offensive foul right at the end.

Definitely an interesting call, I only saw it once though, so I can't say anything.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Billups pushing off of Kevin Garnett in the air with .8 seconds left in the game. He made the shot but was called for an offensive foul. If there was no foul, Pistons win 81-80. Instead, they lose 79-80.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
from the replay I saw one or two times, it didnt look like a foul. Maybe I ddnt get a good angle though.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Let's mention that the officials swallowed their whistles the entire game, and totally let the game get out of control.

And also mention that Sam Cassell was fouling Chauncey on his drive to the basket and fouled him on his shot, before Chauncey put his arm out.

Very questionable call in any case, but then when you consider it came at the end of the game, and then take into consideration the way the officials were calling the game for 3 quarters 11 minutes and 55 seconds that's what makes it an absolutely pathetic call. And in other words, a robbery.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Still can't believe that call was made. Without a doubt the worst call I have ever seen made in any basketball game I have ever watched. Reall makes you wonder what the ref was thinking.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Yeah... it definitely wasn't the cleanest and clearest outcome, but we just have to take it.

Rip made a latye outside shot and Sam missed most of his. It was strange. lol

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
NBA.com says Minny won 82-79, not 80-79... odd...

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PetroToZoran</b>!
Billups pushing off of Kevin Garnett in the air with .8 seconds left in the game. He made the shot but was called for an offensive foul. If there was no foul, Pistons win 81-80. Instead, they lose 79-80.
That's what he is copying the Piston's announcers on - "call the police; there's been a robbery."

Naturally, that'll be reviewed. The Piston announcer was showing that he has the ability to have emotional outbursts, too. :D

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fear the fro</b>!
Still can't believe that call was made. Without a doubt the worst call I have ever seen made in any basketball game I have ever watched. Reall makes you wonder what the ref was thinking.
Not a big basketball fan? I suggest watching a few games, it's an interesting sport.

I've never seen a good view of it, the only one i saw had a player or two in the way, and it didn't look like a push off. But what makes me think that it was the right call is that I saw a replay that showed the Minnesota bench, and Fred Hoiberg was calling for a push off (he was pushing his arm in the air to signal he thought it was a pushoff on Billups) right as the foul was called. He didn't look at the ref or anything, he was watching the play. And it took a few seconds before everybody found out it was called an offensive foul, so he couldn't have know because of the reaction of anybody else. But again, I never saw a push off, but the fact that Hoiberg was calling for an offensive foul right as the play was called, and without looking at anything else other than the play, has to make me think that there was something to see on that side of the court, because you can't see it from the only angle I saw. But definately not the biggest robbery ever, for a few reasons. One, there's no view that shows that there definately wasn't a pushoff. And two, it was right in the middle of the regular season. And three, it wouldn't have surprised me to see the Wolves make a shot to come back there after Billups' shot. If you want to see a robbery involving the Wolves, go back to game 3 against the Lakers last year. At least 7 or 8 HORRIBLE calls, just as bad, and most worse, than that call tonight. A few of them brought LA back into the game, and one of them took Minnesota aka KG out of the game. Somehow we still won, but that was a robbery, not what happened tonight, at least until I see another view that shows for sure there was no foul.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
his last arm did look like it went into Kg...it was a cheap call though and shouldnt of been called

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Even if he DID throw an off arm into KG, Sam Cassell fouled him TWICE before that, once on the drive and once on the way up, and then if anything Chauncey threw his arm up to regain ballance from the push Cassell gave him.

Even if the off arm did go up it was still a HORRIBLY weak call, it's not like he cleared him off because Garnett still boddy checked him before the shot went off.

It was just flat out an attrocious call, and it cost Detroit the game. There would have been 1.5 seconds left for Minny to score, it wasn't going to happen.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!
Even if he DID throw an off arm into KG, Sam Cassell fouled him TWICE before that, once on the drive and once on the way up, and then if anything Chauncey threw his arm up to regain ballance from the push Cassell gave him.

Even if the off arm did go up it was still a HORRIBLY weak call, it's not like he cleared him off because Garnett still boddy checked him before the shot went off.

It was just flat out an attrocious call, and it cost Detroit the game. There would have been 1.5 seconds left for Minny to score, it wasn't going to happen.
I didn't see any foul before that. I thought it would be called a foul on Kg, because tehre was body contact, but there had to be something on the other side of the court that we didn't see, because the ref obviously saw something, and as I said before, Hoiberg was calling that exact same thing without knowing what the call was, so it has to make you think that there was something over there. And about it not being able to happen with 1.5 secs left, it could've very well happened, that's exactly what i thought when i heard the whistle. I was like "shoot (not exactly shoot, but you get the point), there's still time though." I would like to see another view before I say that it was a horrible call.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Looks like Garnett and Cassell couldn't even tell who got fouled:

Kevin Garnett said he saw the push-off when Sam Cassell tumbled out of the play. Cassell said he saw Chauncey Billups push off Garnett so blatantly the refs had no choice but to blow the whistle. Billups said he saw Garnett and Cassell in the air before he shot, making it impossible to have pushed off anyone at all.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Newsflash: Pistons are still in the East playoff picture. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts