1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Honestly dont even know where to start. But I really think the problem with this team is Kidd and Vince. When Vince starts going its almost as if everyone goes into cruise mode. Bill Walton even made a comment as to the fact that Jason Kidd was virtually non existent in the first half. Now in the second half, he came out alive, knocking down jumpers grabbing boards like a mad man, sprinting down the court. Now if he had set that tone in the first half, the nets could have easily won that game. I dont know if its a good thing if Vince gets going so early, cause it really just makes the other players spectators. This might just be a one game occurence. Umm I guess RJ did fine, he needed to be more assertive. He did make his jumpers but I guess I expected more drives from him. The rest of the team except for Cliffy were downright bad.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
Hbwoy said:
Honestly dont even know where to start. But I really think the problem with this team is Kidd and Vince. When Vince starts going its almost as if everyone goes into cruise mode. Bill Walton even made a comment as to the fact that Jason Kidd was virtually non existent in the first half. Now in the second half, he came out alive, knocking down jumpers grabbing boards like a mad man, sprinting down the court. Now if he had set that tone in the first half, the nets could have easily won that match. I dont know if its a good thing if Vince gets going so early, cause it really just makes the other players spectators. This might just be a one game occurence. Umm I guess RJ did fine, he needed to be more assertive. He did make his jumpers but I guess I expected more drives from him. The rest of the team except for Cliffy were downright bad.
i agree with this analysis, however RJ didn't have a particularly strong performance based on his usual standards. He was just abysmal at the line and was one of the factors that sent the team into a tailspin in the 4th quarter.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Hbwoy said:
Honestly dont even know where to start. But I really think the problem with this team is Kidd and Vince. When Vince starts going its almost as if everyone goes into cruise mode. Bill Walton even made a comment as to the fact that Jason Kidd was virtually non existent in the first half. Now in the second half, he came out alive, knocking down jumpers grabbing boards like a mad man, sprinting down the court. Now if he had set that tone in the first half, the nets could have easily won that match. I dont know if its a good thing if Vince gets going so early, cause it really just makes the other players spectators. This might just be a one game occurence. Umm I guess RJ did fine, he needed to be more assertive. He did make his jumpers but I guess I expected more drives from him. The rest of the team except for Cliffy were downright bad.
pretty much sums it all up

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Hbwoy said:
No, that isn't a 1 game incident. I had said that same thing in the thread where a few posters said that Frank has to find a way to go with the hot hand.

Furthermore as a team goes towards 1 option, he'll pick up defensive concentration.

Though it's not Carter's fault. Someone has to get the team to focus.

-Petey

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Petey said:
No, that isn't a 1 game incident. I had said that same thing in the thread where a few posters said that Frank has to find a way to go with the hot hand.

Furthermore as a team goes towards 1 option, he'll pick up defensive concentration.

Though it's not Carter's fault. Someone has to get the team to focus.

-Petey
The best candidate for that is none other than Jason Kidd. Correct me if am wrong for most who have watched the nets this season, is their best ball in the fourth quarters of games

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Hbwoy said:
The best candidate for that is none other than Jason Kidd. Correct me if am wrong for most who have watched the nets this season, is their best ball in the fourth quarters of games
These are grown men, they should be able to do that on their own. But since Frank apparently is unable to do it, that has to fall on Kidd.

I like how Frank used Robinson and Vaughn extensively in the 2nd half last night. Good start.

Now I'm not sure the Nets best ball has been in the 4th. We were killed verus the Kings. Though defensively I think the 4th has been our best quarter this year.

-Petey

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
Marion was limited to 12 pts 7 boards, and 4/11 shooting. His averages almost double in each category. I don't know if it was RJ or Twin who was guarding him, but the Nets did a great job containing him, it seems.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i think defense wasn't the problem. the nets were woeful at the offense... a lot of missed jumpers and plenty of missed free throws.

maybe they had too much turkey from mrs jefferson during the thanksgiving dinner.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Hbwoy said:
Honestly dont even know where to start. But I really think the problem with this team is Kidd and Vince. When Vince starts going its almost as if everyone goes into cruise mode. Bill Walton even made a comment as to the fact that Jason Kidd was virtually non existent in the first half. Now in the second half, he came out alive, knocking down jumpers grabbing boards like a mad man, sprinting down the court. Now if he had set that tone in the first half, the nets could have easily won that game. I dont know if its a good thing if Vince gets going so early, cause it really just makes the other players spectators. This might just be a one game occurence. Umm I guess RJ did fine, he needed to be more assertive. He did make his jumpers but I guess I expected more drives from him. The rest of the team except for Cliffy were downright bad.
Kidd, VC, RJ looked like T.Best, Buford, and Mercer in the first half! Thats what happen'd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts