Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has any footage or pictures of ben gordon dunking. my mate reckons he cant but i remeber seeing footage of him doing some nasty dunks. i know he hasnt done much in his rookie season but if anyone has got anything please post

·
Registered
445 Posts
At one point he wanted to be in the Dunk Competition, so yes, I think it's safe to assume he can dunk.

Besides, he used to throw it down pretty often at UConn.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
TripleDouble said:
The guy is a great athlete and built too. He really needs to attack the basket a lot more.
Not going to happen in our system. I hate to say this but he offensive system that is in place is really slowing down his progress and his confidence. As well as Hinrich who should be the starting PG not the starting SG!!

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
thebizkit69u said:
Not going to happen in our system. I hate to say this but he offensive system that is in place is really slowing down his progress and his confidence. As well as Hinrich who should be the starting PG not the starting SG!!
I don't see anything in our system that suggests that no one should take it to the rack.

Ben needs to realize that they don't want people in the dunk competition that don't dunk in games, no matter how good your dunks are in practice. I'm sure the selection is based on what you do during the real NBA season, and to my knowledge, Ben had one dunk last year, and it was a garbage time alley-oop. I really wish he and all the Bulls guards would take it to the rim more and finish strong. Hinrich, Gordon, and Duhon have all dunked while in a Bulls uniform, just not nearly enough.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
thebizkit69u said:
I agree

I think for Gordon to be all he can be ... he need to join the marines ..or

Have a system that will persevere with him as a ball handler so that he can give into the Sith and become the dark lord guard Darth Baron Gordon

I mean what's up in Basketball Mayberry ?

Why does it seem every other team get lucky and we get serviceable ?

I think our "system" sadly is too tailor made for 4 year College players that started off carrying the team equipment because they're so humble ... and who go by the name of "Chip" "Biff" "Chuck" "Hank" or "Scooter" and who drink Sprite

In the immortal words of Count Malachi

let the pidgeons loose!

Unfortunately.. I think Benjamino is a tremendous talent but I do think he will end up a more diminished player than he could have been just because he was drafted and castarated as a Bull

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Darius Miles Davis said:
I don't see anything in our system that suggests that no one should take it to the rack.
QUOTE]

Have you been watching all our games?

The system is pass, pass, pass take the open shot no mather who it is aslong as your wide open. You look at what Golden State did to us last night, the guards rotated the ball inside, out then to the slashing guard for the easy dunk or layup. The Bulls have enough talent to be a more up tempo team then being a spot jump shoting team. Loul Deng needs to be used more in the offense IMO.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
thebizkit69u said:
Darius Miles Davis said:
QUOTE]

Have you been watching all our games?

The system is pass, pass, pass take the open shot no mather who it is aslong as your wide open. You look at what Golden State did to us last night, the guards rotated the ball inside, out then to the slashing guard for the easy dunk or layup. The Bulls have enough talent to be a more up tempo team then being a spot jump shoting team. Loul Deng needs to be used more in the offense IMO.
Yeah, we pass the ball around a lot, but that doesn't mean that a guard can't take a pass and drive to the hole when he sees a crack of daylight. Kirk has done it more than the other two this year. I'd still like to see him dunking more, or at least getting closer to the rim. The closer you get, the more likely the shot goes in. All three are below average finishers for guards IMO (when they're near the rim).

I don't think Skiles would object to a guard penetrating and drawing fouls. He probably doesn't want Gordon going ISO on every play, but I've never heard him criticize a player for driving too much.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Machinehead said:
I agree

I think for Gordon to be all he can be ... he need to join the marines ..or

Have a system that will persevere with him as a ball handler so that he can give into the Sith and become the dark lord guard Darth Baron Gordon

I mean what's up in Basketball Mayberry ?

Why does it seem every other team get lucky and we get serviceable ?

I think our "system" sadly is too tailor made for 4 year College players that started off carrying the team equipment because they're so humble ... and who go by the name of "Chip" "Biff" "Chuck" "Hank" or "Scooter" and who drink Sprite

In the immortal words of Count Malachi

let the pidgeons loose!

Unfortunately.. I think Benjamino is a tremendous talent but I do think he will end up a more diminished player than he could have been just because he was drafted and castarated as a Bull
:) I think you've out FJd yourself.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Darius Miles Davis said:
thebizkit69u said:
I don't think Skiles would object to a guard penetrating and drawing fouls. He probably doesn't want Gordon going ISO on every play, but I've never heard him criticize a player for driving too much.
Well i dont think its a problem with Skiles because when it happens its pretty rare. Now iam not asking the Bulls to be the next Suns of the east, but getting a bit more up tempo and use your speed to tire out the other team would help a bit.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Darius Miles Davis said:
Couldn't agree more. I wish our guys would do that more often. That's how you get to the line, and superstars in this league live at the line.
I agree that Gordon should drive more often, but he doesn't seem to get too many whistles when he does, his drives frequently end in him getting tangled up in the lane and turning the ball over. I'm hopeful that as time goes by he'll start getting some more respect from refs and become a better finisher. I wish all of our guards would take it to the hoop more, I think sometimes Gordon refrains from doing so because of the potential for turnovers and Skiles' quick hook.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
jbulls said:
I agree that Gordon should drive more often, but he doesn't seem to get too many whistles when he does, his drives frequently end in him getting tangled up in the lane and turning the ball over. I'm hopeful that as time goes by he'll start getting some more respect from refs and become a better finisher. I wish all of our guards would take it to the hoop more, I think sometimes Gordon refrains from doing so because of the potential for turnovers and Skiles' quick hook.
the thing is gordon doesn't drive to the rim with force... he'll go into the middle of the paint to put up a floater... what he needs to do is fearlessly take it to the rack with a lot of speed

·
Registered
68 Posts
ACT_THE_FOOL said:
just wondering if anyone has any footage or pictures of ben gordon dunking. my mate reckons he cant but i remeber seeing footage of him doing some nasty dunks. i know he hasnt done much in his rookie season but if anyone has got anything please post
Although you can't tell because Ben Gordon has thus far this season been doing his best Jamal Crawford impression, he does have an outrageous leaping ability. It's too bad he chooses to show it off by jumping high to shoot 23 footers.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
nanokooshball said:
the thing is gordon doesn't drive to the rim with force... he'll go into the middle of the paint to put up a floater... what he needs to do is fearlessly take it to the rack with a lot of speed
I agree. This is something he has to get better at. That said, getting better at something involves a certain amount of faliure. If Skiles is too reactionary with Gordon (as I think he sometimes is), Ben's going to stop taking chances and quit driving to the hoop. That's my read on it. I can't get a read on the Gordon/Skiles relationship, Skiles is really complementary about Ben in the papers but has such a quick hook with him in games. Noc does all kinds of dumb stuff on the court and rarely gets pulled because of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts