Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just read some article about the surprising story about desagana diop on sportsline. he had a monster game defensively for the mavs something like 16 boards and 6 rejections. not to take away anything from bynum but i think those two are very similiar. relatively unknown in high school until draft day, 7 footers, limited offensive skills as of now, but above average defensive skills. even though bynum is in his rookie year, i think defensively he can still make an impact for the lakers. maybe i'm just being a little too greedy but atless by mid season, the lakers would form a solid three man rotation for their frontcourt. (yeah kwame sucks but i believe he'll get it by the all-star break.. hes just not playing with any passion right now, showing some of the lackluster plays hes been displaying in washington.. but once that wizards vs lakers game comes around ooh man watch out!)

and as a mihm fan, i think he'll show more and more consistency as the season progresses. no doubt

so laker fans lets lift our loaf and give it a toast

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Diop is a bum. He has zero hoop IQ and stone hands. Worse than Kwame and Mihm. At least Bynum can catch the ball, though I have no idea how his hoop IQ will develop. So far I like what I've seen in his limited minutes in the regular season. 4 blocks in 22 total minutes of play is obviously an extremely limited sample size, but he has defended as well as that stat suggests IMO.

That said, he's at least 2 years off from doing anything significant.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Bynum needs to start!

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the way tony mejia wrote that piece of art, it made diop an all star.

not to mention the fact that diop actually beat out dampier for the starting center job is quite impressive. its hard not to criticize diop since he was a lottery pick, but its also hard not to compliment him since he came from being "not wanted" to starting for the mavericks.

diop may soon fade into obscurity again, but give him credit for the tremendous defensive show he put on against denver. atless he showed some flashes why he was a lottery pick aka potentials.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts