Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to get Chandler and Fizer both a reasonable amount of minutes?

This year it would seem that we could, seeing that most pf, especially in the east, spend some small amount of time at C when the coachs go small, then it would appear that we have 54 minutes (6 at centre/48 at pf) to split between them.

But long term, what happens when Chandler warrents
36 minutes a game (i.e in two-three years time)?

I think it fair to say Fizer can't play any other position than PF (some would suggest he can't play that either).

Can chandler play small forward for some of the game? Giving us Curry/Fizer/Chander all on the court at the same time.

One of the two has to play multi-positions and I'm thinking it's not going to be Fizer. So can we play Chandler a bit at back up centre (6 minutes) and some at small forward (14 minutes)

This would give our future front court a look something like (in two - three years)
curry 36/ chandler 6 / other centre 6
fizer 32/ chander 16
other small forward 34 / chandler 14

Thoughts, opinion?
Quite freely admit this is "Just my Opinion" and I could be full of it.

cheers.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I believe that Fizer and Chandler can peacefully co-exists as PFs for the Bulls over the long term. Whether it'll happen or not, is another story. Chandler is capable of playing PF or C. There's also an outside chance that he could even play SF down the road (but to do so, he would need to improve his perimeter game and ball handling skills immensely). Fizer, on the other hand, is pretty much your prototypical PF. A Barkley type, minus the committment to rebounding, passing, or defense. However, it's possible that Fizer could improve significantly in these three areas this season as they are all mostly a function of will and determination. This season is a pivotal season for Marcus as next season is a "team option" year of his contract. Marcus will be incentivized to improve his game in all areas in hopes to secure the biggest deal in the free agent market, 2 to 3 seasons down the road. In fact, I expect Marcus to play so well this season, that he'll probably log more minutes than Chandler at the PF position. This will bode well for Chandler's development too. Relieving the pressure from Chandler to be "the man", will help his development (even though Chandler acts like he's already the man at times, the pressure will be a lot greater this season than it was last season as everyone's expectations for the high schools rooks was pretty minimal. IMO, it doesn't matter who starts, Chandler or Fizer, they're both going to get their PT. Look for Cartright to use them both as the matchups dictate.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
My bet is on Chandler playing more minutes at center as he continues to fill out. Supposedly he's gonna go about 245 this year, and if he continues to put on a few pounds each year he'll be plenty big enough.

In the long run, if Fizer is kept around, I could see a rotation where Curry and Chandler split the minutes at center and Fizer gets the minutes Chandler doesn't get at PF. However, I tend to think Fizer isn't going to be a guy who merits 30 minutes+ a game in the long run. If that's the case and he's content to play 20-25 minutes on the Bulls, I think our frontcourt rotation is basically set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts