Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shawn Marion goes to the basket only to face some defense, he tries to adjust but ends up coming back down with the ball, making it an up-and-down. The baseline official calls travelling. Then the slot ref comes up and says it's a foul. They discuss it, then the official who originally called the travelling says "Ok, it's Phoenix ball." What? It's either a travelling, foul, or if the officials can't agree, it's a jump ball. How the hell do you just give them the ball?

What is wrong with NBA officiating? I'm not pissed just cause my team has been getting bad calls, I've been watching other teams' games and seeing the same pattern of just plain bad officiating.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i didnt see the play youre talking about but its possible they called some other violation that would give Phoenix the ball back. Maybe someone stepped out of bounds while touching the ball, maybe it was a non-shooting foul and they werent in the penalty yet.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, they didn't call anything. They literally just said its phoenix's ball. and if it was a foul it was definitely shooting.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gripni said:
How do you know they didn't call anything?
Because I was watching. The official approached the scorer's table and said it, and the play by play guys said it as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts